PDA

View Full Version : organis diatomatious earth

elwalien
06-19-2004, 11:05 PM
I have had a difficult time location Organic Diatomatiuos Earth either on the web or in the Houston, TX area...I want to use it on my plants, animals and in my house. Any ideas? Ellen

dishboy
06-20-2004, 01:07 AM
It's at the Food Co-OP here, where all the tree huggers hang.

Randy J
06-20-2004, 08:44 AM
You should be able to find it at a good quality nursery that sells organics. It's all over SA.

Randy

kelmcwalk
06-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Natural (non Heated) Diatomaceous Earth is allowed by OMRI and the NOP designates our suppliers product as a food processing aid and thus non-synthtic so it is allowed in Organic production. they issued a letter to us with all the sections fronm NOP. EPA considers it not to be a problem either. We get ours from Worldd Minerals. Hope this helps

NorrisG
06-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by elwalien
I have had a difficult time location Organic Diatomatiuos Earth either on the web or in the Houston, TX area...I want to use it on my plants, animals and in my house. Any ideas? Ellen

I sure wish we lived closer to each other.... I have a bunch of it I'd sell you, it's all in 50lb. bags. I bought it as a natural horse dewormer, but in our hot/humid climate it just doesn't work. I found that out AFTER spending $3200 on colic surgery on my horse. :angry: Since then I've been using it on my garden.

Garden Panzer
06-24-2004, 11:29 PM
I use it on root weevils...
:cool:

dishboy
06-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Garden Panzer
I use it on root weevils...
:cool:

It's real good for aphids on roses also.