PDA

View Full Version : Mower tires slased..........

columbiaplower
06-03-2000, 11:42 PM
i woke up this moring to find that the left tires on my ztr, 48in wb and 60in wb had all been slased. After i cursed the the teenagers a block down, the old lady across the street came over and said she had seen a large white truck drive up infont of my house at about 10:15. She said at first she thought it was me, when it spead away a minute later she thought in was strange and thought she shuld tell me. This made me even more mad if it was kid thats one thing but another lawn service man, what kind of morals do they have. I am not sure in was a lawn care truck but it fits the description. Has this kind of thing ever happend to u?<br>thanks for listening

geogunn
06-04-2000, 01:05 AM
obviously you have put the pinch one a competitor! my vote says keep it up. there is enough buisness out there for everyone. there is no reason to destroy and vandalize!<p>unfortunately, the slashed tires may have only been a warning. the next time they could pour a gallon of fuel on the machines and light 'em up.<p>I hope your insurance and other &quot;means of property protection&quot; are up to snuff.<p>good luck to you in these troubles. hang in there!<p>GEO

bdemir
06-04-2000, 01:50 AM
How about investing in a motion senrored camera aimed at the license plate. Yeah thats it put them in jail. Thats what i call putting out the competition. I would get insurance too if you can, then give the tape to them and they will take care of it. Boy im bad, real bad. Meanwhile i hope you are safe and they dont get you again. God be on your side.

southside
06-04-2000, 02:39 AM
Dogs are also a good option.They can make your insurance premiums cheaper.And also,who<br>would want to slash your tyres if they are<br>going to get torn a new arse by two Dobermans.<p>Karl<br>

columbiaplower
06-04-2000, 12:17 PM
the funny thing is i am noting but nicee to all the other guys. i never low ball because i wouldnt want it done to me. i think i was a target brcause they think im too young to be as suggsesful as i am. what ever tires are fixed and im moven on.<br>(makes me wish i would have bought a enclosed trailer)<br>-Nick

Charles
06-04-2000, 12:24 PM
Thats what u needcolumbia power. An enclosed trailor or a garage. I keep my stuff locked up in the garage and keep the door shut. So people who just happen to drive by cant see what i have

columbiaplower
06-04-2000, 12:38 PM
i have a large shed but i didnt want to unload because i had move 2 the next morning and then i was done dor the week<br>i took the small stuff off trimmers blowers<br>nick

Toroguy
06-04-2000, 04:29 PM
A garage or storage is well worth the money. I wouldnt operate without.<p>You didnt steal another mans woman did you? Or fire anyone lately? All kinds of possible suspects...the camera suggestion will eliminate false accusations, and acquire evidence for conviction.<p>I would imagine the vandals will not return for more, but plan as if they were.<p>

yardsmith
06-04-2000, 10:06 PM
garage isn't a failsafe answer either.<br>Dogs would be a good deterrant; I had someone break into my Lock-n-store it & took small stuff last summer.<br>People will watch your habits & patterns & know when you're gone, etc. Good neighbors & dogs are best solutions for this.<br>But keeping your stuff out of sight is worth doing, regardless. At least it minimizes your chances of theft, etc.<br>After I got broke into, I keep my trimmers & small stuff with my truck at home.<p>----------<br>Smitty <br>

ojonesy
06-06-2000, 05:54 PM
Use SuperFlex SoftFill flatproofing. No more air to go flat.

Barkleymut
06-06-2000, 11:35 PM
Hey OJ, where do I buy the foam fill for my tires. I don't want to take it to the tire dealer and be without my tires for days.