PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans?

Lawn Dog2001
06-21-2004, 08:11 PM
I was just wondering, if any of you had any investments, other than your lawn care/landscaping businesses. You know, rental properties, other businesses ect.

Also, have any of you ever dived into any other part of the green industry besides mowing? Or do you plan to? Have any of you ever tried the equipment sales and service side, or nursery garden center side of the business?

I have always thought about an equipment dealership as a great way to expand, and stay within the same industry. I dont know if I would ever have the guts to do it. But I was wondering if others have, and how it worked.

tiedeman
06-21-2004, 08:17 PM
I have been planning and hoping on selling fertilizer and salts (for winter) to both residential and commerical come next year. Still just planning right now though

txlawnking
06-21-2004, 08:28 PM
l-Dog I got in this biz to create an asset, and will use profits to buy rental props.,or start other business' etc. You could say the lawn biz is my entrance into the corporate world.

Lawn Dog2001
06-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by txlawnking
l-Dog I got in this biz to create an asset, and will use profits to buy rental props.,or start other business' etc. You could say the lawn biz is my entrance into the corporate world.

My wife and I have been looking at rental properties over the last couple months. I am also kind of trying to enter the corporate world.

We are trying to find a 2 to 3 unit property to start with. If all goes well after a year or two. I would like to buy another, or maybe even a larger 4 or 5 unit building.

Trevors Lawn Care
06-22-2004, 09:10 PM
my first investment is going to be purchasing a house in two years at my college campus. I will then have a couple guys move in and their rent will pay for the house payment. I will continue to rent out this house long after i leave school. I know a kid who did this and now at 28? he has two rental houses and a nice home for him and his fiance.

Trevor

ElephantNest
06-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Storage units, and real estate.