View Full Version : WB or ZTR?

06-22-2004, 10:00 AM
how do you know wether to get a Z or a WB? im thinking a Z, but alot of the guys around here tell me that the Z's might weight to much for the lawns?

so, how do you fellas determine wether to get a Z or WB?

06-22-2004, 11:25 AM
mark--you post you have two WB's...why is there confusion over a Z?

GEO :confused:

06-22-2004, 11:29 AM
If you have the money and if you have the accounts definately get a ZTR. Only use walkbehinds for tight areas, ditches, hills, pond banks. Use the ZTR whenever you can. Work smarter, not harder!

06-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Get a Wright stander. Faster than a walk behind, almost as fast a ZTR. But a whole lot lighter. I can do the little postage stamp properties and the huge 2-3 acres jobs with the same machine with out any problems.

06-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by geogunn
mark--you post you have two WB's...why is there confusion over a Z?

GEO :confused:

because the gravely is broke, so gonna fix it this week or weekend, because i bought it for 300 and it didnt run, and i dont use the exmark because its to big. so im looking at the gravely 144z with 19hp and the puter on it.

Trevors Lawn Care
06-22-2004, 09:15 PM
mark by my mower. I am gonna sell it..nothing but problems...

I am back to the decision of not EVER buying from bourlier again
10 days until they even LOOK at my mower if i drop it off today.

No loaner mower either



06-22-2004, 09:25 PM
trevor, i guess, but you did have a demo model you bought... and also, why would you even bother calling about if you can fix it yourself in about an hour? go to hellebucks on 24 and vandyke and they will get you one, or call and they can get ya one... or if thats to far for you to drive and u wanna buy my 48" ill go out there and buy it for ya and you can reinverse me for the $ when u buy my 48 ;) hellebucks rule, but sense i already have a rep with bourlier's i dont see why i should switch.

Lawn Dog2001
06-22-2004, 09:27 PM
I think it depends on the properties you service. Do you have properties with a ton of obstacles? Do you have properties with a ton of hills, and uneven terrain? If this is the case you are probably better off buying a WB.

If you have a lot of flat properties, or at least properties that have a nice steady slant to them, than definately go with the Z if you can afford it.

I only use WBs. A lot of my yards have a lot of steep hills. I could not imagine using a Z on some of properties. Allthough I would love to have one.