PDA

View Full Version : Can you make a Perma-Green do this???

MrBarefoot
06-22-2004, 03:51 PM
I want to spray Primo Maxx through my PG. But since the label states I need at least 1/2 gal H2O per 1000 ft^2, I will need to increase the spray output to stay on label.

Has anyone tried to do this with any success?

I speculate that all I would need to do would be to change the tips to a higher volume flow, but would the pump be able to push 1.5 gals a minute?

Any help would be appreciated.

weedmaster
06-22-2004, 05:38 PM
Use the tips designed for High gear but put the machine in low gear. I think that will give you 35% more water but I would calibrate it that way also to get your exact number. I did this with msma and have never seen it work so fast or good without damage to bermuda. Weeds looked like I killed them with a blowtorch in 2 days. Please not that MSMA is not recommended for low volume but it will work if mixed right with the right temps.

LwnmwrMan22
06-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Barefoot -

Last week - Thursday, I used a gallon of Primo on a school that I use, along all the fencing through the Ultra. I ran it at 1.3 oz / 1000 sq ft, in high gear, in the high gear nozzles.

I drove by last night and where we had trimmed extremely short, it was still short. Where I had trimmed the length that I normally mow at, it looked as though it was growing the same rate as the regular grass.

I just ran it out one side, keeping the other nozzle turned off.

The only problem that I have, is that it's been extremely dry and windy here for the last 2 weeks, after what seems like 2 months of solid rain, and the normal grass has slowed dramatically as well.

I'll keep you posted, we're going to be mowing the school again on Thursday, so it should have a "normal" weeks growth on it then.

One side note, Chem-Lawn was in this last week as well spraying the turf, so with no rain, whether that stresses the grass.... we all know what TG/CL is like :)

MrBarefoot
06-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by LwnmwrMan22
...One side note, Chem-Lawn was in this last week as well spraying the turf, so with no rain, whether that stresses the grass.... we all know what TG/CL is like :)

You said a lot right there, and I agree.

Please post the results of your low volume Primo app, I am very interested.

Thanks.