PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa T-231

mpblass
06-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Any of you guys running the new Shindaiwa T-231. If so what are your thoughts? I have been running the T-230's for years and have had great luck with them. My dealer only sells Shindaiwa so I will be sticking with a Shindaiwa trimmer.

Kelly's Landscaping
06-22-2004, 07:31 PM
just retired my 2 I switched to the new 4 mix trimmer I have I like it a whole lot better much more power and once all that extra crap is cut off they weigh about the same.

mpblass
06-22-2004, 07:34 PM
What extra crap are you talking about being cut off?

Kelly's Landscaping
06-22-2004, 07:37 PM
lets see the gaurd is twice the size it needs to be it has a razor so the string length is way to short for my tastes. It has some sort of rib poker built in to the handle that has to go and it has some clip with a shoulder strap that is just silly other then that its a good trimmer.

michindi
06-22-2004, 07:43 PM
I just bought the T261 and I love the power in it.. But I think that i have to take it in and get the carb rebuilt after only useing it for only about 2 mths

proenterprises
06-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Kelly's Landscaping
lets see the gaurd is twice the size it needs to be it has a razor so the string length is way to short for my tastes. It has some sort of rib poker built in to the handle that has to go and it has some clip with a shoulder strap that is just silly other then that its a good trimmer.

this sounds just like the new john deere we got. its got that rib poker and is a little heavy for my liking.

guard makes no difference, its the first thing to come off all trimmer any way.