PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Deal With Masterchute

draftlawncare
06-22-2004, 10:41 PM
I BOUGHT A MASTERCHUTE BACK IN APRIL 04 HAD PROBLEMS with it not closing all the way carl sent out a call ticket and sent me a new unit. Well this one broke after 1 1/2 weeks i have called atleast 5 times and left emails all with no response now i have a $300 pos sitting in the toolbox i am starting to think masterchute does not care about its customer hell i would settle for my old one back if he would atleast call

hustler1
06-29-2004, 03:49 AM
thanks to posts like yours I bought a quikchute instead......seems like a few other guys have had problems there too......thank you

draftlawncare
06-29-2004, 07:48 PM
i wish i would have bought i quikchute looks like i am taking masterform to court BUYERS BEWARE

DLCS
06-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by draftlawncare
i wish i would have bought i quikchute looks like i am taking masterform to court BUYERS BEWARE

Why would you post that here and not give any details as to your problem.:rolleyes:

Del9175
06-29-2004, 08:00 PM
He posted his problem in the first post. The first one didn't close and the second one broke. Now masterchute is not returning his calls or email. Sounds like a pretty good details to me.

DLCS
06-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Del9175
He posted his problem in the first post. The first one didn't close and the second one broke. Now masterchute is not returning his calls or email. Sounds like a pretty good details to me.

oops me bad....sorry

I didn't realize he was the original poster of the thread.:o

brucec32
07-06-2004, 11:40 PM
I think I just made my decision, EZCHUTE.....simpler and harder to break. And I can fix it myself if it does.

Tharrell
07-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Hey, make one for your mower like I did.

sbatzold
07-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Tharrel, what did you use for a motor on that?

Tharrell
07-07-2004, 07:05 PM
I went to AutoZone and they have a whole book on electric window motors with pictures. I simply took one that looked like the masterchute. Funny, masterchute posted mine wouldn't last. Want to see and mpeg? ha ha ha

Tharrell
07-07-2004, 07:08 PM
Here's another pic of my system.

dwost
07-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Sweet setup, what thickness of stock did you use for the door?

soccerlawn
07-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Nice job Tharell, I am considering making my own.

Tharrell
07-07-2004, 09:54 PM
I had it made at a fabrication shop. I wouldn't have cut the stock loops off and replace them with a piano hinge, I was a little irritated at that. Also, the arm connected to the motor is brazed to the little piece attached to the motor, I think it's attatched to the motor with a circlip, I also wouldn't have the edge of the plate curl out, not a problem but it's silly. The opening bracket could be closer to the system but, I don't feel like it hinders me. You'll need a switch that reverses polarity on the motor to open/close the system. This thing has saved me tons of time and has been well worth it. The mootor was $45 brand new but, you can get one from a junk yard for $5 if you want.

sbatzold
07-08-2004, 07:51 AM
Where did masterchute say that? Do you have a part number for autozone?

superman
07-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Tharrell, any more info you could give would be great! I have been wanting to make one myself. I just didn't know what to ask the local junk yard for? What vehicle is that window motor for?

Tharrell
07-08-2004, 09:50 AM
It doesn't matter which motor you buy. I just looked for one that resembled the masterchute motor. Just go by an auto parts store and they'll show you a catalog of window motors. The hardest thing you'll do is try to get the parts guy to understand that you're not getting it for a car. I don't know what else I can fill you guys in on. If you have any specific questions, let me know. Be sure and post any pics of your chutes. One more thing, I said you can get one from a junkyard but I would just get a new one. There's no guarantee the motor works. You'll want to get a motor you can replace because you'll be fabricating a bracket for it.