PDA

View Full Version : Just Realized

grassyfras
06-22-2004, 10:57 PM
I just realized that I havnt used double blades since the end of last summer and I havn't regreted not having them on my mower since. I think they just make a mess with clippings getting thrown everywhere and you still have to double cut the lawn if its too high IMO. Anyone else notice this. Im using a 36" exmark metro hp(floating deck) 15 Kawasaki engine, so power isn't an issue.

So no one asks on another Thread"WHat are double blades" yada yada yada, they are when you put 2 blades in a x or + pattern. No spacers or anyhing required tighten as you normally do. All they do is cut up grass clippings smaller and chute them out your mower farther.(Point of this thread is that I dont see them being nessasary)

RedWingsDet
06-22-2004, 11:00 PM
from what ive seen they just make it look like a hay pile everywhere. i dont like doubles, if they worked they would come standard.

CuttersCove
06-22-2004, 11:12 PM
I tried the doubles also and didn't like them. I ended up double cutting so I couldn't find a reason to have them on there.

The throw out was nice, but like I said still had to double cut.

Lbilawncare
06-22-2004, 11:25 PM
I quit using the X Blades because they threw the grass too far. I will pull them back out when leaf season hits.