PDA

View Full Version : first commecial account

chefdrp
06-23-2004, 12:23 AM
I think i might have gotten my first commercial account today. There is a tanning place that is on a busy street and the lawn looked like crap. I always drive by it and notice. Well today i had some extra time so i stop in and tell the owner that it looks like she needs so lawn care and if she would like my help. She said she has someone but they havent been around in like 2 weeks. I told her i could do the lawn now and she said sure. I did it and the lady was REAL happy. The other guy did no line trimming or blowing. Well i got paid and she said sto come back next week to see whats up with the other guy. i took a before pic but forgot to take an after. And the cam is in my truck.Do you think this type of aproach is ok? ( Just going to the place and saying that there place looks like hell). LOL

tiedeman
06-23-2004, 12:32 AM
going door to door has worked for me in the past. When I first started out I went door to door. Picked up a few customers from it.

chuckers
06-23-2004, 12:41 AM
trail and error nothing wrong with that some times it works and sometimes it doesnt at least u made a few bucks off of killing a few extra minutes

impactlandscaping
06-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Hey Darrin, nothing ventured , nothing gained...good luck, and close them for the rest of the season next week!BTW- There are so many commercial sites around here that look like sh1t, I'd never get any work done for going to each place to tell them about it..LOL:D

chefdrp
06-23-2004, 12:54 AM
here is a pic of the place. from across the street

chefdrp
06-23-2004, 12:56 AM
one from the side to show the lack of lne trimming

chefdrp
06-23-2004, 12:58 AM
this pic is of the side and there is a sign way in the back. the fence is overgrown with stuff.

chefdrp
06-23-2004, 12:59 AM
it is in need of some landscape but dont know how to aproach her on that? How would you handle it?

impactlandscaping
06-23-2004, 01:13 AM
Get your foot in the door, then add ons, add ons, add ons..

chefdrp
06-23-2004, 01:19 AM
does anyone have a sample contract for commercial and residential i could have?When i go back i would like to ave a contract.