PDA

View Full Version : Post pics of your spray rigs....

jajwrigh
06-23-2004, 12:21 PM
I want to see some pics of skid sprayers setups in trucks and in vans if possible!!

specialtylc
06-23-2004, 10:14 PM
Well here is my skid setup that I put together. 525 gal tank, honda/D30, 300 ft hose, electric reel, flow meter, green garde gun.

specialtylc
06-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Here is the photo...........

ArizPestWeed
06-24-2004, 12:25 AM
What do you do with it ?
Is that Round Up I see ?
You can get cheaper glyfosate , you know ?

Nice looking rig .

kppurn
06-24-2004, 12:44 AM
50 gallon Lesco tank with 300 ft. 3/8 in. hose and electric reel.
When I grow that side of the business more, this will be used as a nurse tank for a ride on.

BoHog1634
06-24-2004, 08:26 AM
kppurn,
Is that a short or long bed truck. It looks like a short bed in the picture, but I never know. How much room is left in your truck with the sprayer in it? I am looking to get a truck, and want an extended cab, but I am undecided on a short or long bed. Any opinions?
Thanks
BoHog

Aproct
06-24-2004, 09:15 AM
specialtylc,

Whne you say that you put your skid together,does that mean that you purchased the parts individually? Or did you order the whole unit with your specs?

If you built it, I would like to know what it cost you, the places where you got your stuff and maybe some assistance. I am looking to having a similar set up, but maybe only a 250 gal tank...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Green Dreams
06-24-2004, 09:40 AM
This is from Westheffer....

Green Dreams
06-24-2004, 09:42 AM
They are a 185/90 gallon split set of tanks...

HayBay
06-24-2004, 09:52 AM
very nice stuff guys.

kppurn
06-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by BoHog1634
kppurn,
Is that a short or long bed truck.

It's a short bed. I'm guessing there is around 4 ft. between the tank and tailgate of the truck. When I mow there is plenty of room for blowers, tool box, etc. When I do applications I have enough room for fert., spreader, a couple backpack sprayers, and a hand held blower.

Remember, this is only a 50 gallon tank. There have been a few times I wished I had a long bed. This truck is my personal vehicle also and I think a long bed would be a pain to park sometimes.

BoHog1634
06-25-2004, 08:10 AM
kppurn,
The fact that a long bed AND an extended cab would be a pain to park and maneuver is my delimma. I want the extended cab for sure, but the long bed I am not sure about yet.
Thanks for the information!!
BoHog

specialtylc
06-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Aproct
specialtylc,

Whne you say that you put your skid together,does that mean that you purchased the parts individually? Or did you order the whole unit with your specs?

If you built it, I would like to know what it cost you, the places where you got your stuff and maybe some assistance. I am looking to having a similar set up, but maybe only a 250 gal tank...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I bought all the components from a place that builds spray outfits for farm , lawn and state uses and made the frame myself. I dont know the exact cost I have into it. But it was half of what a custom built on was. I know its less than 1800 dollars. If you make your own or even buy one I have a sugestion for you. Build a roller fairlead on the hose reel. Just like on a winch. Makes it alot easier to pull the hose off at any angle.

specialtylc
06-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Bill Williams
What do you do with it ?
Is that Round Up I see ?
You can get cheaper glyfosate , you know ?

Nice looking rig .
Yea I know. I get both Roundup Pro and cheap stuff some times. I have been buying the Ag type GLY. from a farmer neighbor for less than $20 a gallon, but it doesnt have any surfactant in it like the R pro. Yesterday I was spraying trees and shrubs and today and tomorrow we will be weed spraying turf.