PDA

View Full Version : sprinkler repair pricing

Iamfitticus
06-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Hey this is a couple of new businessmen looking to find out more about how to price out a sprinkler repair job.

How do people price out the labor for a sprinkler repair job?

Is it by the hour? Is it by the sprinkler head? Is there some systematic way of doing it?

Right now we have to replace 4 spray heads with 4 rotor heads...maybe hourly would be the best. What is a good sprinkler hourly rate?

:cry:

Green Sweep
06-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Time & materials. I charge $40/man hr. Check with others in your area.

BSME
06-23-2004, 09:15 PM
What kind of mark up do you charge on materials?

Iamfitticus
06-23-2004, 09:47 PM
As far as mark up goes we don't charge much. Probably only around 5 to 10 % the cost of the materials...is this low or normal or what?

Also, $40 per hour per person sounds pretty good...does anyone else charge differently?

DanaMac
06-23-2004, 10:54 PM
http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18516&highlight=pricing

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42219&highlight=pricing

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45859&highlight=pricing

Here's a few previous threads on the topic.

My pricing is now $50 for me to show up at the door, and that covers the first half hour of work. That covers my down time due to driving and some fuel costs as well. It is then $13.50 per quarter hour, which is $54 per hour. So if I am at a home for 1 hour it is $50 for first 30 minutes, and $27 for the next 30 minutes. $77 for the first hour. Good repeat customers will sometimes get the service call fee waived, then we bill at $54 an hour, with a one our minimum.

aquamtic
06-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Existing Customers with seasonal agreements: 10% less from retail on materials

New customers that we have not installed and just call when needed. Full retail on materials.

$40 per hours/per man

If we need to pull out the machine, we add $15 an hour. Yes! we have our equipment on payroll also.

BSME
06-24-2004, 05:42 PM
anyone ever get yelled at for working too slow??? While I'm wire tracking to find a valve box some old lady comes out.... "Quit fiddle daddling around racking up my bill!"

Green Sweep
06-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Wow!
I would have told that lady and/or her landscapers to quit burying her valve boxes & we wouldn't have this problem.

Aquamatic, I like adding for the use of machinery.

Mdirrigation
06-25-2004, 08:50 AM
We charge by the foot for the machine for laying pipe or wire on repairs. Charges by the hour we are the same as plumbers , and hvac contractors , $ 75.00 per hour including travel. Materials are list price. Breaking out the locator is a $ 25.00 extra charge.

Planter
06-25-2004, 12:09 PM
anyone ever get yelled at for working too slow??? While I'm wire tracking to find a valve box some old lady comes out.... "Quit fiddle daddling around racking up my bill!"

I'd have told her thanks, given her the bill to that point and told her to call someone else. Thank you very much!

Instant Rain
07-01-2004, 10:29 PM
hourly is best you never know what your shovel will uncover. and it is also a good idea to explain what you will have to do to the customer before starting any repairs. asfar as pricing goes determine your over head and how much you want to make for your work. remember you are in this to make money.