PDA

View Full Version : Who Here Is A PLCAA Member?

Green Dreams
06-23-2004, 02:44 PM
I can see the need to join but the cost is pretty steep. Can someone let me in on what benefit they have gotten from it?

Thanks

James Cormier
06-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Ive been fertin & squitin since 86, and since I started my own company in 94 Ive have not been :o a member

I do belong to MALCAP

TSM
06-23-2004, 06:25 PM
proud member in good standing :D

Think of PLCAA as a watch dog for you on the federal level. Without PLCAA many unrealistic and foolish 'tree huggin' laws would force many of us out of business, or force us to work on the sly (which many already do i supose)

personally i feel every one in this business needs to be a member and a member of your state association as well. The fees to join are minimal.

To borrow a famous phrase...ask not what plcaa can do for you, ask what you can do for plcaa :)

www.plcaa.org

BoHog1634
06-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Has anyone been to the PLCAA Conferences? Is it something that someone starting out in the business would benefit from? I am looking for a road trip and I am wondering if this would be worth it.

Thanks,
BoHog

cemars
06-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by TSM
proud member in good standing :D

Think of PLCAA as a watch dog for you on the federal level. Without PLCAA many unrealistic and foolish 'tree huggin' laws would force many of us out of business, or force us to work on the sly (which many already do i supose)

personally i feel every one in this business needs to be a member and a member of your state association as well. The fees to join are minimal.

To borrow a famous phrase...ask not what plcaa can do for you, ask what you can do for plcaa :)

www.plcaa.org TSM speaks the truth. Anyone who counts on income from pesticide applications should be a member of PLCAA. Perhaps if there had of been a similar organization in Canada they would not have the mess that they do today. Benefits? Free legal advice, business advice, member discounts, training materials, and most importantly, an organized voice to protect the interest of law abiding lawn care professionals everywhere. I have been a member since I started my business and would be embarrassed to admit otherwise.

Green Dreams
06-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks fellas... I get the point now. It's like enjoying union benefits, but not paying dues for them. I will join as soon as I am able to.....Drew

TSM
06-24-2004, 08:46 PM
adda boy Drew,
now we need to work on Cormier :)

James Cormier
06-24-2004, 10:08 PM
ya ya ya, you got me to join malcap this season.

Seeing I worked closely with Jim Campanella at Old Fox and then again at Lawnmark of Maine, Maybe i can get a discount to join placca..

Your right its money well spent.