PDA

View Full Version : Is the new Exmark seat suspension system accessory worth the $$$

cajuncreole
06-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Exmark has a new "Custom Ride seat suspension system" available as an accessory.

I have a Lazer Z 52" deck w/27HP Kohler. I am a big guy at 290 lbs and cut a lot of rough turf terrain.

Has anyone tried this new seat suspension system and can you tell the difference? Is it worth the money (about $200 according to Exmark.)

I appreciate any input.

Cajun/Creole

MDLawnman
06-23-2004, 08:07 PM
I also have a Lazer Z 52". I have one rough lawn (the mother-in-law) that used to make my back hurt. Even at slow speed. I installed the suspension seat at the beginning of this season. The ride is very smooth. You'd think that the lawn had been ripped out, rolled and re-sodded. It has made a really big difference. I believe that all of my cutting is going quicker this year due to the seat. The seat should be standard on all Exmark riders.
I had to adjust the safety seat switch that comes with it a little - my son weighs in at 130 lbs (I'm 205). The engine would occaisionally shut off on him going down a hill. Install was very easy. Detailed instructions were included.
I saw go for it - your back will thank you.

MDLawnman

65hoss
06-23-2004, 10:06 PM
I did the field testing on the custom ride suspension. Its been on my mower for almost 2 yrs now. I WOULD NOT ever run a Z again without one. It makes a night and day difference in the comfort.

GNRL
06-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Worth every penny!!!!!:D

kppurn
06-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Definitely worth it.

My back problems have pretty much gone away since getting the suspension kit. I highly recommend it.

RedWingsDet
06-23-2004, 11:19 PM
does gravely have a seat suspension for the 34z or 144z?

GNRL
06-23-2004, 11:27 PM
I bet that it will work under just about any seat. I bought another one and put it under my log skidder seat.:D

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 11:54 PM
I have a solution that will fit every seat. Just let your caboose get a nice thick layer of cheesburgers and fries on it. That extra layer will just asorb those bumps like nothing. The problem is those cheese burgers and fries follow you around all day, even when your not mowing.

hardint
06-24-2004, 12:54 AM
I purchased one last week and used the lazer z about 11/2 hours,GREAT improvement,had to raise the drive handles to the highest setting and the arm rest adjustments could stand to be a little lower than the #1 setting.I sure hated to drop $197 when a $7000 mower should have it to start with as well as head lights.IMHO if you can afford it it's money well spent.A little research showed that exmark buys them from seatsinc.com not sure if a better price could be obtained elsewhere,maybe a group purchase could be set up for a better price for those that haven't purchased one yet.:blush:

Acute Cut
06-24-2004, 01:06 AM
Night and day? HMMMM.......... i didnt think it was THAT great. I have it and recently had to demo another mower that did not. OUCH, was like riding a bucking bronco.
Anyways, You wont bounce OUT of the seat any longer but you will still bounce up and down a bit on rougher lawns. With vs without, GO WITH IT! I personally will not purchase another Z without it. Perhaps look into the formal super seats. I have yet to try one, but looks interesting.

tacoma200
06-24-2004, 04:14 AM
Not a perfect solution but it helps alot. Couldn't stand the pounding I was getting without it. I think they need to increase the diameter of the front wheels and tires which would help on rough terrain. Just my opinion.