PDA

View Full Version : What to do about bad payroll.

MacTruck
06-23-2004, 05:01 PM
Ive got a problem. I work for a small lawn care business. Just two of us. I was interested in getting into lawncare as a carrer, and he agreed to take me on. Ive learned a lot and had a GREAT time and love every minute of it, but my last two pay checks have bounced.:eek: Can anyone recomend a goodway to go about this?
Thanks

imowstraightlines
06-23-2004, 05:02 PM
go into buisiness with another person ;)

Trevors Lawn Care
06-23-2004, 05:30 PM
agreed...work for someone else. You probably wouldnt want to learn to much from this guy anyways...he obviously is doing things wrong.

trevor

chuckers
06-23-2004, 05:31 PM
quick books keeps all my stuff straight

dvmcmrhp52
06-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Simple,Seeya.........................
When you mess with a person's paycheck you have no morals.

KL Squared
06-23-2004, 06:59 PM
Ask for him to take you to his bank and pay you in cash. You have every right to be paid on time and in full. I would consider finding something else until you can start your own business.

MacTruck
06-23-2004, 08:08 PM
I really dont want to leave because he is talking about moving to Texas next season to take a job and he will leave me his accounts. Its not many, but its a start. Im thinking about making him pay me in cash from now on, but would that mess with the books/irs at all? Its really a pain cause I have court fines do that i can pay and they dont care that I have the money. they just care that i havent payed.

Lawn Dog2001
06-23-2004, 08:11 PM
First off have it out with your boss. Thats messed up! Second, once you get paid, find a new company to work for. Im sure you will find a job you can enjoy as much, working for someone who's checks wont bounce.

txlawnking
06-23-2004, 08:51 PM
To say I'd be pissed would be an understatement, I'd get my bread and roll If I were you, In my Opinion, you'd be a fool to work for him after that. But again that's MY opinion....

Gene $immons
06-23-2004, 08:59 PM
My business accounts can fluctuate $30,000 within a few days.

That's life. I'm sure he will pay you.

tiedeman
06-23-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Trevors Lawn Care
agreed...work for someone else. You probably wouldnt want to learn to much from this guy anyways...he obviously is doing things wrong.

trevor

yup, have to to agree. If he can't pay you he should at least tell you that before you bounce a check

jfenton
06-23-2004, 09:08 PM
In my business, my employee's get paid first. Before me. I,d borrow if I had to. It's the only way to do business

beransfixitinc
06-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by MacTruck
I really dont want to leave because he is talking about moving to Texas next season to take a job and he will leave me his accounts. Its not many, but its a start. Im thinking about making him pay me in cash from now on, but would that mess with the books/irs at all? Its really a pain cause I have court fines do that i can pay and they dont care that I have the money. they just care that i havent payed.

Those of us that were born here, appreciate the advanced warning that "another one" will be moving down here.

Please take that with a slice and spread of humor.

MacTruck
06-23-2004, 11:27 PM
lol... dont worry, if i didnt have my sense of humor.. well.. anyway. I dont think he plans on doing any lawncare there. His wife is a doctor and I think he will be the stay at home dad in a few years. I just talked to him, said he will pay may in cash from here on out. That will work.

Mikes Lawn Landscape
06-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by MacTruck
I really dont want to leave because he is talking about moving to Texas next season to take a job and he will leave me his accounts.

1. Turn him into DA (Writing hot checks is a felony) :nono:
2. Take his accounts he'll be in jail :confused:
3. He don't move to Texas :D

Next Question

MacTruck
06-24-2004, 08:16 PM
lol.. that MIGHT work. Wait.. I like that idea! Hmmm.. now I just gotta look up the ole DA one of thse days :D