PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki 27A trimmer?

CharlieBingo
06-23-2004, 06:02 PM
They look real nice, light. Can they take any attatchments? Why is the head so small/

imograss
06-23-2004, 06:17 PM
I have 2 of them. My Shindaiwa articulating hedge trimmer will fit on the end. I also use a blade on it from time to time. I really like them.

CharlieBingo
06-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Tim, I know the 26A takes attachments, but this is there brand new model the 27A; someone said the drive spline /shaft is differen't?

txlawnking
06-23-2004, 08:47 PM
I'm noy sure about attatchments, but I have the ktr27a and it's deffinately the best trimmer I've owned or operated. Best power to weight ratio, easy on fuel, starts 1-2 pulls every time, and AWESOME power all for $189-220. When I got mine it had the small head on it, but my dealer gave me a larger one for free. I'm about 99% sure it's a head that fits an echo too, looks just like one.

I MOW ALONE
06-23-2004, 10:05 PM
i got one the first thing i did was change head to a bigger one. and second thing i did was tossed the guard. and been real happy with it so far. well worth the money.

TROTTMAN
06-23-2004, 10:29 PM
The cutting swath is really narrow. I almost bought the 26A until I noticed this. I went back into the store last week and he said he was afraid they wouldn't sell them next year because they are not holding up. The engines and clutches on the trimmers aren't lasting according to him. Thats why the head and cutting swatch are so small, to keep the stress levels down on the clutch and engine.

I really like them besides that. The one I used (only for a minute, not really a true demo) was very quiet. It felt really weak though, no way it had 1.5hp like it claimed. It felt weak. But it was very light and not loud at all.

If anyone has had one for a year or more please chime in and let us know how it has been holding up.

You can get the 27A on ebay for about $220 brand new. Very good price, but probably for a reason...