PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from some one who knows.

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Im looking for a place online to buy mower blades. Can any one point me to a good website that carries name brand blades, and a easy to understand and navigate website cataloge.

thanks guys

dvmcmrhp52
06-23-2004, 07:34 PM
J thomas,Mow more,landscapers supply........................

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by dvmcmrhp52
J thomas,Mow more,landscapers supply........................

are you being sarcastic? there no reason for that if you are. If you are being sarcastic Im glad you where born with this info embedded into your brain. some people really need to get a grip.

dvmcmrhp52
06-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Sarcastic?
Try looking for their sites.....................................

Have a bad day or what?

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 08:00 PM
No Im having a great day, we set a new record for most work done in a day, I just got a couple more highend customers, and to top it all off its my birthday. I just dont have any patience for sarcasm. If you believe it is a dumb post then dont post a sarcastic reply, dont reply at all. I have looked for other websites, I wanted to see if there where any I was missing. Every one is a toughguy and know-it-all behind a keyboard.

Tonyr
06-23-2004, 08:06 PM
DVM's advice is right, he isn't being sarcatic with you.
Another is Stens Corp, don't know their wwwlink though sorry.

dvmcmrhp52
06-23-2004, 08:09 PM
I don't think I'm the one that needs to get a FCKING grip my friend I simply answered a question.

By the way clown, you did not ask for specific sites!

odin
06-23-2004, 08:12 PM
whats sarcastic? dave is right all those places carry blades and lots of them...

Tonyr
06-23-2004, 08:16 PM
Here is a big list of suppliers,

http://www.everythinggreen.com/egreen/category.asp?111

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 08:48 PM
thanks tonyr I will take a look at those sites.

jpmako
06-23-2004, 08:57 PM
www.landscapersupply.com

Lawn Dog2001
06-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by barringtonbrothers
are you being sarcastic? there no reason for that if you are. If you are being sarcastic Im glad you where born with this info embedded into your brain. some people really need to get a grip.

How in the world is that being sarcastic? He answered your question.

I ordered a set from landscaper supply for my 48"and was satisfied with the transaction. I dont remember what I paid but it was reasonable. Shipping was fast.

Gr grass n Hi tides
06-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Dave is correct, Mow More is a great place to order from. Not to beat a dead horse but I don't see any sarcasm either. You guys have a run-in before or something?!

Anyway....you'll be pleased with Mow More I'm pretty sure. When you log on there you'll see page after page of mower make/blade types & everything else you can imagine. Reasonable prices. Plus, it's cool as all get out (I live under a rock) to punch a button & shazam you've got blades delivered to your doorstep. I rec'd an email from Mow More a couple weeks or so ago saying "order now & get a discount because prices will be going up 5 - 7% due to petroleum situation." Something like that. I mention it because, you may want to check & see if the stuff you want is on back order. They could have been flooded with orders during the discout period & a big delay would kinda defeat the online ordering thing.

Steppenwolf
06-23-2004, 10:25 PM
I use j-thomas.com for blades,no problems with the blades or service.Don't know why you jumped on a guy's ##s for trying to help answer a question. His answers were all legit companies, try making a deal with your dealer,he might come down a little.

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 10:27 PM
thanks for the suggestion guys, I really appreciate it.

dvmcmrhp52
06-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Gr grass n Hi tides
Dave is correct, Mow More is a great place to order from. Not to beat a dead horse but I don't see any sarcasm either. You guys have a run-in before or something?!

Anyway....you'll be pleased with Mow More I'm pretty sure. When you log on there you'll see page after page of mower make/blade types & everything else you can imagine. Reasonable prices. Plus, it's cool as all get out (I live under a rock) to punch a button & shazam you've got blades delivered to your doorstep. I rec'd an email from Mow More a couple weeks or so ago saying "order now & get a discount because prices will be going up 5 - 7% due to petroleum situation." Something like that. I mention it because, you may want to check & see if the stuff you want is on back order. They could have been flooded with orders during the discout period & a big delay would kinda defeat the online ordering thing.

No run in Shawn..........I'm clueless,but I do have a good memory..........
All I can figure is another youngen trying to show his worth...........

Steppenwolf
06-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Cooler heads have prevailed,Dave I think it is, I think the bro's thought you were making up the names, they can be a little...different..Mow More, a real company but that is how I see it. Start your mowers and do the DODGEM!!!:-)

Expert Lawns
06-23-2004, 10:52 PM
this thread sure had a rocky start...

I am going to go through J Thomas from now on. My local dealer: $10.50 for an oil filter. Nearest Exmark dealer: $7.99. J Thomas: $3.99 (if you buy 11 or more)

They have great deals. My dealer WILL NOT come down on any prices, nor do they give bulk discounts.

GreenMonster
06-23-2004, 10:56 PM

and.......... sorry, Dave.

geez

Steppenwolf
06-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Expert Lawns,
I just go to Wal Mart for oil filters and oil. Filters are in the two fifty to three dollar range and are frams. My five units have three thousand plus hours each with no oil related problems,4 b/s18hp and 1 kohler20hp. I change the oil at 50 hours and do oil and filter at 100 hours. The best thing you can buy is a factory mounted hour meter,you would be surprised at how little your walkbehinds actually run versus your total work time.

GeeVee
06-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Will someone other than Tony R please actually spoon feed the links to the young man? Please include instructions on "How to Click your mouse on the underlined Sentence."

Damn kids these days want instant gratification at every turn.

Hey, either of you brothers ever "dial" a phone before?

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 11:32 PM
naw, back in the holler we just use the old party line, its right out by the out-house, but we gotsa move the out house as its getting full, so no more killing two birds with one stone.

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 11:34 PM
some more sarcasim? from a youngin? maybe you could send me a diagram on how to operated one of dem push button type phones, maw says its a bout time wes upgrade, but I dunno I kind a like them party line cause when old Jenkins down the river calls one of dem 1900 talk dirty numbers I gets to listen free.

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 11:36 PM
Can any one of you folks out der tell me whats a she mail? is dat ah gurl mail man?

GeeVee
06-23-2004, 11:37 PM
SO, you have it figured out now?

I aint rippin ya.

You, much like myself or many others (try, all) could find a bunch of info just flipping through the search feature(s).

But, it is so much easier to post a Q. So be it.

sharpcutter
06-23-2004, 11:38 PM
thanks tonyr I will take a look at those sites.

All this good advice and special thanks to Tony and everyone else, but no apology for DVM?? What`s up with that. Actually J-Thomas was going to be my suggestion, but I can now see that it would not be appreciated.

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 11:43 PM
I have spent alot of time looking around for different sites, but I find new ones all the time. I just wanted to know really what you guys like and I figured people would tell me what ones to stay away from. I also wanted to see if there where any I was missing. Hence the topic - those who know, as I dont know everything- well not yet anyway.

o-so-n-so
06-23-2004, 11:44 PM
Why wouldn't you want to get blades at your dealer or local?

GeeVee
06-23-2004, 11:47 PM
Good point by OSNS.....

They gotta eat, I bought consumables from one place or the other, period. Some things, they'd never be able to sell me, due to the internet.

Having a relationship with a dealer has some good points.

barringtonbrothers
06-23-2004, 11:52 PM
When I buy them from dealers - they have to order them every time, I have yet to have a dealer have blades in stock, but once. So I figured if I got a wait for em, I might as well order them my self and try and save a few bucks. And often the dealer will screw the order up, or not order it and I will have to wait even longer and waste more time and gas dealing with the cluess parts dudes. Seem like every time the dealers get a good parts guy who knows his stuff, they leave, and enter the guy who cant do any thing else so they stick em in parts.

dvmcmrhp52
06-23-2004, 11:52 PM
I have spent alot of time looking around for different sites, but I find new ones all the time. I just wanted to know really what you guys like and I figured people would tell me what ones to stay away from. I also wanted to see if there where any I was missing. Hence the topic - those who know, as I dont know everything- well not yet anyway.

You're 24 years old,you have just admitted you don't know everything,(just like all of us)But yet you bust my balls in a public forum for answering your question.

I'd at least like to hear an excuse.

Tonyr
06-23-2004, 11:55 PM
barringtonbrothers

I like your humour....funny.

I hope you and DVM haven't had a falling out mate, he is a hell of a nice bloke, and a great mate of mine.

barringtonbrothers
06-24-2004, 12:02 AM
I dont give excuses. You do not build a business to where I have at 24 by giving excuses. If I was in the wrong, then Im in the wrong. If I felt I owe you a appology I would give you one, I have had to swallow my pride for alot bigger things than words exchanged on a website. If you consider busting your butt typing ten words well I dont know what to tell you. What I am sorry for is letting my self get in a argument on a website. Thats just dumb on my part.

barringtonbrothers
06-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Tonyr I really try to do my best to get along with every one, but most times my best is not enough, and thats a falling on my part.

dvmcmrhp52
06-24-2004, 12:12 AM
I dont give excuses. You do not build a business to where I have at 24 by giving excuses. If I was in the wrong, then Im in the wrong. If I felt I owe you a appology I would give you one, I have had to swallow my pride for alot bigger things than words exchanged on a website. If you consider busting your butt typing ten words well I dont know what to tell you. What I am sorry for is letting my self get in a argument on a website. Thats just dumb on my part.

I know what to tell you my friend,but out of respect for the moderators and Sean I will refrain from doing so.

It isn't often I get pissed off up here but you have set the stage and I will keep you in mind from now on.
Have a nice evening.

barringtonbrothers
06-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by dvmcmrhp52
I know what to tell you my friend,but out of respect for the moderators and Sean I will refrain from doing so.

It isn't often I get pissed off up here but you have set the stage and I will keep you in mind from now on.
Have a nice evening.

My favorite part is - keep you in mind. gosh please no dont keep me in mind. I feel so much better you refrained from telling me just what you know. If im so much younger and dumber how come you care what I think? Wouldnt a older and mature person just shrug it off, and say idiot. I think its really funny how much time two people can waste in a pissing constest on the web, and how seriously they can take it. Oh well I guess Im just young n dumb. Exit stage right

CamLand
06-24-2004, 12:23 AM
yup your showing your maturity..

Expert Lawns
06-24-2004, 06:42 PM
fighting on the internet is like the special olympics. even if you win, you're still retarted

barringtonbrothers
06-24-2004, 06:43 PM
lol, my brother has this great pic of a poster with that saying on it. I have to agree with you expert lawns its pretty dumb.

dvmcmrhp52
06-24-2004, 06:51 PM
lol, my brother has this great pic of a poster with that saying on it. I have to agree with you expert lawns its pretty dumb.

This coming from the 2 year old with an attitude problem..............
Yup,OK.

barringtonbrothers
06-24-2004, 07:02 PM
lol, dude its over grow up. Get over it. We had a disagreement on the internet....24hours ago....... even though I think you where being sarcastic, it would have been wiser of me to just ignore you. How ever I choose to keep it going, and waste my time trading dumb post back and forth with you....like now. Dude take a deep breath and move on. It really doesnt matter, life goes on.

GreenMonster
06-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Wouldnt a older and mature person just shrug it off, and say idiot.

--shrug--

"idiot....."

fga
06-25-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Expert Lawns
fighting on the internet is like the special olympics. even if you win, you're still retarted :D :D :D :D i never heard that before, that's:D :D :D thanks, i needed that.