PDA

View Full Version : need 10 more houses

environment
06-23-2004, 06:57 PM
ok, i have been going strong for quite a bit now with construction, but i have nothing lined up for august, now in order for me to be able to cover all the companies bills i need about an average of 10 more maintenance accounts, now when i say ten i mean ten is the maximum because i wont touch a lawn for less than $30 a cut, and thats just to cut the grass and blow, so five good accounts could do it to, but the more the merrier, there is a great chance that i could end up signing another job for august, and then another, and so on, its not even july yet, but the fact of the matter is security, i need to know that if i ever hit a dryspell at least the bills will get paid, i need some surefire ways to land a few more

Flex-Deck
06-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Sure fire way is to bid $10 per acre, and throw in the trimming.

NNJLandman
06-23-2004, 08:20 PM
Go around maybe do some door to door flyers, pick out houses you want, or you can see that they have the 21" stripes, target new developments, retired, and other easy to get places. Good Luck man.

Jeff

Lawn Dog2001
06-23-2004, 08:30 PM
Get out there and talk to people. When you do a lawn, leave flyers at all the neighbors houses. Accounts can be picked up easily if you hustle.

environment
06-23-2004, 08:32 PM
i love the anyone but bush 2004
what do you guys usually put on flyers to gain attention

Lawn Dog2001
06-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by environment
i love the anyone but bush 2004
what do you guys usually put on flyers to gain attention

Consider adding coupons. Through my experiences, it seems customers love coupons, even if there is absolutely no value to them

You could even use a coupon that says lawns start at just $30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Just by the fact that its inside a coupon, and the way you word it, people will think they are getting a deal. Also add a experiation date to it. This way customers will think, If I want to use this I better call now before it expires.

You could also add one for $5 off the first cutting with a season long signed contract. For that $5 discount, you get a customer tied in for the rest of the season.

NNJLandman
06-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Heres my flyer, I offer refer a friend recieve one free lawn service.

environment
06-24-2004, 04:36 PM
ya i offer that the referrel deal to, worked real good for me on one block, started with one house on the block, and he referred me to 5 others all neighbors, so i just park and cut for two hours