PDA

View Full Version : gravely eye q system

jestermg
06-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Talked to my dealer today and he passed on to me that he has been seeing a lot of trouble in the new Eye Q system.

Seems the computer system that installs on the mowers fould up when it gets wet.

He told me he has replaced over 5 this year alone.

Also on the new models that com equiped with the EYE Q there is no hour meter, so if the Eye Q goes out so does your hours. and if u override or bypass the Eye Q there is no back up meter.

sounds to me as if a redesign is in the works for 05.

Ax Man
06-23-2004, 08:51 PM
That is wonderful. It is a pain to use i think...

LikeBrothers1
06-24-2004, 03:50 PM
I have a gravely 152 and had no problems so far

BSDeality
06-24-2004, 05:35 PM
i opted not to add on the Eye-Q with my 260Z. its an overly complicated solution to know the answer to a basic question of "when do i change my oil and filters?"

Also, my dealer had to go out to a guy who got a demo unit stuck on a hill because the Eye-q system has some angle-do-dad that kills the engine if you go on too steep an angle and won't allow it to start until you reset it/get it to level ground.

for the $350 option i decided to save my money for something else like a masterchute.

FFEMT
06-25-2004, 12:40 AM
I just picked up a new Gravely myself...

The tech that assembled my mower said they are having some problems with the Eye-Q computer..

He was telling me about a machine they had earlier that week that they had to remove the Eye-Q to get the mower to run...

I'm sure that Gravely will get it worked out ...

jbt
06-25-2004, 11:24 AM
I have a 152 and have had no problems, YET.

jbt
06-27-2004, 02:17 AM
Spoke to soon!!! My 152 was on the trailer yesterday in a down-pour. Went to start today and would not hit a lick. Eye-Q would not work. Had to use back-up mower. Gravely did finally start around lunch, but the Eye-Q system would not work. Will be at dealer's first thing Monday morning

flyboy03
06-28-2004, 10:15 AM
this message for jbt....check your lawnsite.com private messages....thanks judd