PDA

View Full Version : Solo sprayers = excellent product, excellent service

Carolina Cutter
06-23-2004, 09:39 PM
After recently having a problem with a Solo sprayer I own I contacted the Solo company asking for any suggestions to solve the problem. The sprayer seemed to be developing a vaccum inside the tank which in turn was collapsing the tank during use. I recieved the following response from the Solo company:

Dear Mr. Prevatte,

At the suggestion of the technician I have been asked to send you a replacement tank cap. Please get back to me with your mailing address so that I can put one in the mail to you.

Best regards,
Donnie White
Technical Services Assistant
1 (800) 296-7656
Fax (757) 245-0800
e-mail techserv@solousa

IS this customer service or what? I reccomend that all you guys purchase their products. Not only is it a great sprayer, they really take care of the customer in this time where no one seems to care after the sale.

Here is the response that I sent them:

Mr. White,

I have to say that this is definetly the kind of customer service that will earn you repeat customers. Most of the time when I have had a problem with a product it seems that I get more run-around than anything else usually without satisfaction. But I have to say that you and your company have definetly gone above and beyond to satisfy this customer and solve the problem. Usually when I send a email regarding a problem I do not recieve a response for several days to weeks and I want to thank you for responding so fast with what I hope will be a solution to the problem. I use this sprayer several times a week and have never had any problems with it until now and I am glad that you and your company have stepped foward and continued to provide excellent service. You can rest assured that when it comes time for replacing this sprayer it will be with the latest Solo model on the market.

I frequent a internet forum geared toward lawn service and landscaping (www.lawnsite.com) and will post a message in regards to the service that you have provided and the pleasing experience it has been to be associated with your products. As a matter of fact a fellow lawn service provider has recently purchased a Solo backpack sprayer model #425 after talking with me and seeing the duration of service that I have recieved from your product.

Thank you again for responding and offering a solution to the problem that I have experienced. Please pass along this message to your management so that they may also be proud of the service and the product that they market.

My mailing address is:

As you can see they take care of the customer. How many companies do that thes days? I will be a repeat customer.:D

ArizPestWeed
06-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Sorry Dude .
I disagree with the quality of their stuff .

I used Solo for 2 or so years and the lids leaked and leaked .
pesticides running down my back.

They replaced all four with new ones .

Samething , Leaks .

I now use SP type B/P sprayers and so far so goog .

The best B/P sprayer I've ever had was a Echo MS 100 .
Lasted for 4 years .

I would never go back to Solo.

Do yours ever leak from the lids ?

tremor
06-24-2004, 08:52 PM
I agree the newer ones are prone to leakage. But I have a Solo 425 I got back in '86 that I've only had to rebuild 3 times. Interestingly, the tank lid gasket has never leaked as much as the new style I now sell & the gasket is still original. Go figure.

Besides the cap, I find the SP's no better in quality or performance & SP is harder to deal with from what I've heard from dealers I know.

Aleman
06-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Ive got a couple of Solos and 1 SP.. I much prefer the SP...yes, The solos leak....

ArchiesLawns
06-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Try this to keep the cap from leaking. Every 7 - 10 days take some motor oil and rub around the gasket keeping it moist. This will help the gasket set when you go to tighten the cap. Also, this will keep you from having to over tighten!

This has worked for years for me. No more leaks!

Archie

ArizPestWeed
06-25-2004, 12:47 AM
Too late .
I've moveed on to SP and not looking back.
Got 2 Shurflo ele B/P sprayers , too.

Luscious Lawns
06-25-2004, 05:46 PM
I have 1 sureflow and 4 Solo (5 Solo after the one I bought today) I guess I behind the learning curve but Solo has always treated me right. The Solo I replaced with the new 456 was so old (+6years) the model number was not viewable. I find Solo to be easly serviced and reliable. I do think the BP's tend to leak if you do not keep the cap seal greased like the manual says.

Hey Merlin...........tell Solo you helped sell another one.