PDA

View Full Version : Chelated Iron + PG

LwnmwrMan22
06-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone's used Chelated Iron (12-0-0) in their PG? I'm gonna be running some through tomorrow, and am sure that I won't get a response about this until after I do it, but I was going to see how my results run up against any else's?

I realize that the water volume may not be up to par, as with Primo Maxx, but I'm trying these things out to see how the results are, until these companies start putting out info on mix rates to run with these machines or until I realize they just don't work the way I'd like them to.

So, if you all have any experiences, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

scweedman
06-23-2004, 10:04 PM
I haven't tried it but have been thinking about it this week.
Don't know if the water is going to be a problem?
Let me know.

James Cormier
06-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by LwnmwrMan22
Just wondering if anyone's used Chelated Iron (12-0-0) in their PG? I'm gonna be running some through tomorrow, and am sure that I won't get a response about this until after I do it, but I was going to see how my results run up against any else's?

I realize that the water volume may not be up to par, as with Primo Maxx, but I'm trying these things out to see how the results are, until these companies start putting out info on mix rates to run with these machines or until I realize they just don't work the way I'd like them to.

So, if you all have any experiences, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks.

You should be the official tester in this site:D

I just read your primo update and I was thinking...I wonder if he has tried 12-0-0 iron yet. and low and behold here it is.

Let us know how it works

I hooked up a pull behind aerator to my centri once....didnt work too good, went down hills great:p

heritage
06-24-2004, 05:45 PM
lwnmwrman22,
I use 12-0-0 Chelated Iron in my permagreen often. 3 oz. per 1000 Ft2 gets a nice response on cool season turf here in jersey.
Stay away from the sidewalks and anything else cement as the above mentioned iron will stain. Enjoy the greener turf!
Pete D.

James Cormier
06-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by heritage
lwnmwrman22,
I use 12-0-0 Chelated Iron in my permagreen often. 3 oz. per 1000 Ft2 gets a nice response on cool season turf here in jersey.
Stay away from the sidewalks and anything else cement as the above mentioned iron will stain. Enjoy the greener turf!
Pete D.

So 3oz per K then in the ultra you mix 12oz per gallon, right?

I never priced the stuff, whats a gallon cost, At 3oz per k you only get 43k out of a gallon

Does it stain decks, pavers and pavement ( tar )?

LwnmwrMan22
06-24-2004, 09:20 PM
List on Lesco's site is $52 / 5 gallons. My "new" rep charged me $62 / 5 gallons. Gonna have to call ahead and make sure the other guy is there next time.

No offense James, but what are talking about??

3 oz / K is 12 oz per gallon? You're saying you get a quart of water / K, correct?

Either way, 3 oz / K would be about 96 oz / 8 gallons.

Runner
06-25-2004, 08:54 AM
I don't trust myself with my coverage to try anything that could possibly show up so much. Granular isn't as bad, but when it comes to iron and/or nitrogen, I just don't trust the PG like I do the hose.

heritage
06-25-2004, 07:46 PM
James,
For me it's about $0.25 per 1000 at the 3 oz per 1000 rate. My centuri goes 44,000 sq. ft. per 8 gal tank. If your ultra goes 32,000 sq. ft. per 8 gal tank then you will add 12 oz. per gallon or 96 oz. per 8 gallon tank. The Iron will stain almost everything so care is needed when using it. Here in jersey I like to apply it with round 3 (now) and with round 4 in sept. with my Blanket Broadleaf App. Iron,Mn. always gives a nice response and I don't see a differance between the old way ( hose w/ chem lawn gun w/yellow nozzle applying 2 gal water per 1000 ft. sq.) and applying the iron in the perma green at low volume.
Try it you'll like it.

Pete D.