PDA

View Full Version : Demoing tommarow, what should i look for?

RedWingsDet
06-23-2004, 11:22 PM
im demoing a gravely 144z tommarow. what should i look for when i cut? and what should i be aware of. im kind of intimidated to use a Z, ive never even touched one before.

65hoss
06-23-2004, 11:26 PM
Take your time when using it. Don't put it into any questionable areas, especially slopes. It takes experience with the z's to get into tight areas. Cut quality can be determined by blades also. Make sure the blades are sharp. Don't zero turn on customers lawns. Use a 3 pt turn and do it slow. You don't won't to tear up customers lawns.

RedWingsDet
06-23-2004, 11:27 PM
this is a dumb question, but how or what exactly is a 3pt turn? i probably do em all the time in my wb, but dont notice it.

65hoss
06-23-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by PremierLandscaping
this is a dumb question, but how or what exactly is a 3pt turn? i probably do em all the time in my wb, but dont notice it.

At the end of a run you don't just spin the mower and let the inside wheel tear the turf. You turn partially at the end of a run, then back up to line up for the next run. Its 3 easy turns.

RedWingsDet
06-24-2004, 11:37 PM
well i have it until saturday afternoon. and all i have to say is WOW, i LOVE IT!!! it took me a few hours to get used to it, but i love it now. they gave me a BRAND NEW 144z 17hp to demo. depending on the price to buy this one, i might buy it, im not sure. i would really like the 19hp, but i dont know if its worth the extra grand. but i like this mower alot. only thing i dislike about it, is that the chute is so big, but if i do buy it, i will add master chute. also, its a VERY bumpy ride.

Krimick
06-24-2004, 11:45 PM
If you plan on bagging, get the 19 hp. I run a 44" Lazer Z with a 17 hp and I am definetly kicking myself for not gettting the 19 that was available.

17 hp is plenty if you only side discharge.

jestermg
06-24-2004, 11:47 PM
on my 160 I run a mulcher. why do more people not use a mulcher? I love mine