PDA

View Full Version : couple questions

bwallen149
06-23-2004, 11:01 PM
First, I have a new (40hrs) scag wildcat. I have one account that is about 5 acres of up and down hills. Nothing so steep that you have trouble staying on, but just non stop rolling hills. The mower does not seem to pull aswell after about 30 minutes to an hour of mowing. I reached back to feel the hyro lines going into and out of the cooler. They seem to be hot, but not to the point of not being able to touch them. Has anyone ever put an oil temp gauge on there hydro system???? Or added a dc cooliming fan to the oil cooler. Second I have been thinking about putting double on my mower, was wondering if anyone had ever used a different length blade on top. Just thought that having more of the area from the spindle out having a cutting edge may work. It may also not rob quite as much hp.

bwallen149
06-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Bump.....OK forget about the blade question, just removed the turbo baffle and put on doubles, no clumping now. But has anyone put a hydro oil temp gauge on. I guess the question is how hot should this thing be running. And I assume I could go buy a cooling fan for a super z and a hustler dealer????

chuckers
06-25-2004, 04:21 PM
the hydro should never over heat they should be ok but are you sure you are not getting more comfortable at the controls?
and make it seem slower

bwallen149
06-25-2004, 04:33 PM
That could be, it just seems like it pulls like crazy for a little while then kinda starts slowing down. Maybe its just my imagination. I had a 3003 61 tiger cub (that scag bought back) before this one and it seemd do do the same thing, so it must be me.