PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Jims equipment

sailinstud420
06-24-2004, 12:42 AM
What does everyone think of the Jungle Jims sulky, as far as I can tell everyone uses them and they look pretty well built. I made the mistake of buying a homemade one from ebay and it has been more headaches than I can handle. I am looking for something of the jungle wheel type, not a caster sulky. Is the X2 ( think that is what it is called) any better? I think those are a little cheaper right? What is the rock bottom price on both the Jungle Wheels and the X2? I also heard something about a 2 year warranty on the jungle wheels, is that true?? Please help asap!!

ElephantNest
06-24-2004, 12:46 AM
Love mine. Two wheeled kind. Sweeeeet.

sailinstud420
06-24-2004, 01:28 AM
Anyone heard of a trimmertrap or velke 2? Any idea what the bottom line price is on a Trimmertrap, Velke 2, Jungle Wheels, and an X2? Does X2 have a website? THank you.

Scag48
06-24-2004, 01:40 AM
I have the 2 wheeled Jungle Wheels. Can't live without it.

MTR
06-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Jungle Jim's Jungle wheels is great, I use one with my 36" eXmark, very quick and easy to ride on either concrete, lawn or hills. The velke x 2 (similar to Jungle wheels) is made by Wright Mfg, co by clicking on link above you will find it, it is another best sulky in market if not the most popular...don't buy castoring type, it does not perform at all on slope and hill, besides hitting flower and wall ...ac unit while turning....that what happened to me.

Rather Be Fishing
06-24-2004, 04:18 AM
ss420, I refuse to be the type who posts "Do a search of the site", but I do think you'll find it worthwhile if you give it a try.

I recently purchased a (Wright) Velke X2. The decision was based both on dealer recommendation and from posts I read here using the search feature. I never cared for the original one-wheeled Velke's or home-made jobs I came across. The one wheel model leaving an odd line through my pretty stripes just turned me off, as well as the comfort level. My X2 is a very nice unit. I'd have rather paid the price of the Jungle Wheels though, but the X2 folds up out of my way and since I run my mower right up in the bed of my truck it is a huge convenience. It's also useful as I'm running a belt drive as the reverse gear is nothing like a hydro drive. My dealer charged $275 YMMV.

Hope this is of assistance.:cool:

WINGNUT
06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
I paid 199.99 for my jungle wheels(real wheels, not the plastic ones) and it too folds up and out of the way. You just hook the supplied chain to it and it's up and out of the way.

Do a search for jungle wheels and you'll find where I got mine from.

Tharrell
06-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Jungle Wheels is what I use. It's performed perfectly.