PDA

View Full Version : Blowers: Redmax 7001 vs. 4800...

TROTTMAN
06-24-2004, 05:03 AM
Before you automatically say the 7001, I want you to consider my question...

I am trying to decide if I really need the world's most powerful BP blower haha (or close to it).

I don't have to blow off any parking lots I only mow COMMERCIALLY during the summers. I am in school during the winter so if I do leaves it won't be like I'll have 20 accounts to keep up with (BUT I do want the ability to blow leaves well when winter comes so I can make extra money).

I am about to purchase a blower, and am leaning toward the Redmax and Echo products (2 year warrenties - but Redmax may not have 2 year on the older model number 4800 lists as 1 year for some reason, I think it may be because the 5000 is the new one?). But considering I can escape with only about $300 loss getting an Echo 603 or Redmax 4800 is it really worth spending about $440ish to get a PB750/650 or a EBZ7001 blower?

I really wish I could go demo some, but since I know I am not going to buy their product, I will not go demo them and waste their time and put wear on their stuff.

Also, I use an Echo PB2100 blower now (now called the PB200), so I am not used to an amazingly powerful blower. I want it to be WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more powerful than it though. I am so tired of spending 10 minutes blowing of all things. So basically if by only getting a 4800 or 603 I am going to see only minor improvements I need to go with a 750/650 or 7001, but if either are going to be far superior than I should go with a 4800 or 603.

Sorry for ANOTHER long post, but I can't buy before I know what I'm doing.

doublesharp
06-24-2004, 03:51 PM
I bought the 4800 and am satisfied but I'd never had anything but handhelds before. This is a major step up and so far I'm happy. I bought off eBay and paid about 300. Was easy to set up and started fine and runs good. Only problem I had was my own fault. On the first tank of gas I didn't tighten the gas cap all the way and got gas on the backpak and my tshirt. Be sure it's tight and no more problems.

The C Man
06-24-2004, 05:17 PM
The bottom line is, if you don't demo either of them before buying and end up with the 4800, you'll ALWAYS wonder if you'd be happier with the 7001's additional power. If it's only $100 more just go for the 7001. If you spread the $100 price difference over the years you'll own the blower it really won't mean much.

TROTTMAN
06-25-2004, 02:47 AM
Yeah, but I don't plan on much growth over the next few years. I expect to downsize eventually. See, I am a Jr. in college this fall and I will eventually not cut grass. I don't want to invest too much since I won't need it in the far future...