PDA

View Full Version : Wright stander floating deck?

CharlieBingo
06-24-2004, 07:47 PM
Is a floating deck in the works for the stander? I'd like to buy a "60" in ; but without a floating deck, too much scalping and too difficult to change deck height. I run two Dane super surfers and people tell me Wrights are even better. I wish Great Dane and Wright would work together and make a Super Stander.

Itsgottobegreen
06-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Thats what the wright sentar was designed for. Its a stander with a floating deck and a seat. I have one and two standers. Its built like a tank. Check one out.

CharlieBingo
06-24-2004, 07:59 PM
Can you actually stand comfortably or with the same comfort as there stander? It seemed kind of awkward when I tried one at a trade show.

smlavin
06-24-2004, 08:16 PM
CharlieBingo,

I would really like to consider a stander (52" deck I think), but the nearest Dane dealer is 1 1/2 hours away and the Wright dealer is over 2 hours away. From your experience do you like the standers enough to justify being that far away from a dealer?

Fareway Lawncare
06-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Is it possible that w/all the legal wrangling between Wright & Great Dane that Wright had to agree to not produce a floating deck Stander as a trade-off for the limitations they put on the GD Super Surfer?

Otherwise one would think they would Make it So...They are Losing Huge Sales by not having a Floating Deck Stander....I know of 4 locals Plus Myself that would have them on their trailers & there must be Countless others....

barringtonbrothers
06-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Ditto, if wright had a floating deck it would probably be a new wright and not a new exmark on my trailer.

CharlieBingo
06-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Smlavin, I would try one for at least a day once you get the hang of them they are great. A lot faster and more comfortable than a WB with a velkie. I agree with you Fareway there must be something stopping Wright from a floating deck and even things like a spring loaded platform (that's a great feature on the dane).