PDA

View Full Version : Another fabulous story about TruGreen

tiedeman
06-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Ok, I know that everybody is sick of hearing about Trugreen and everything that they do wrong, but I have another log for the fire.

Last week a customer of mine was complaining because her lawn was browning up (not drought conditions or brown patch) and she was sick of how much TruGreen was charging her. I told her that she should call them up and have them solve the problem for her.

So the next week I show up to mow her lawn and she tells me the story. She calls them up to complain, and they have the nerve to say without looking at the lawn it's because your lawn is being cut too short. She quickly snapped back (and she was mad she told me) and said, no he doesn't cut it short at all. They then say, well it's probably because he doesn't sharpen his blades. Now at this point she is telling me that she is so mad and about to tell the guy off. She finally tells them that you better get down here and take a look at it. They come down and can see that is wasn't the mowing, or the blades, it was lawn rot (never heard of it).

She then tells them right then that she is through with them and their service and that they are only after money and don't do a quality job. Well, what happens, the next day a guy shows up to spray, she comes running out of her house screaming at the guy to get the heck off her property that she already canceled her service. The guy just stands there and looks dumbfounded she told me.

Tony Clifton
06-24-2004, 08:29 PM
No offense, but great story. Its a matter of statistics though, for every 100 customers you have there are going to be x amount of situations like the one you described. I do have to agree that Trugreen's x is a little higher than most though.

barringtonbrothers
06-24-2004, 08:30 PM
You have to feel sorry for that guy. Even though truegreens sucks bigtime, it isnt that little dudes fault he got sent to do it by his idiot managers. Truegreen sprayed my old mans lawn once - they didnt get a second chance. They effd up big time on his lawn and he told em to pack it. I dont spray but I do recommend some local companies, and tell people to stay the hell away from truegreen, as I have seen more than one lawn screwed up by them.

dvmcmrhp52
06-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Tiedeman,That's what typically happens around here,service gets canceled and they show up anyway.My neighbor is about to cancel his as soon as I tell him it's time...........That was our agreement,I can't wait to see them show up in a few weeks to service the lawn.............I'm even going to make a bet of 1 free cutting with my neighbor that it will happen.We'll see...............

Lawn Dog2001
06-24-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah Trugreen will drive you crazy.

Imagine this. I have a customer I have been treating for 3 years now. Lawn looks great, I take great care of it. Imagine my surprise last month when I pulled up to treat and saw a Chemlawn sign in the lawn.

We came to find out they treated it by mistake. Yet they are still charging her for it!!! And I was to afraid to do my treatment do to the insane amount of nitrogen they used.

You want to talk about mad!!! I feel like throwing a grenade everytime i see one of there trucks. On top of the fact I had to reschedule my treatment, they used so much nitro that the lawn was impossible to cut for a few weeks.

Shady, Shady, business practices.

Steppenwolf
06-24-2004, 09:10 PM
46-0-0.....46-0-0....46-0-0.....46-0-0...46-0-0...46-0-0....the big boys are talking nitro,make it green and long,six pounds per thousand. Make the grass have nitrogen withdrawl if they don't get their fix. Could we be talking about making a profit? or just dumping fertilizer,if the applicator is not just a paper hanger.

specialtylc
06-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Lawn Dog2001
Yeah Trugreen will drive you crazy.

Imagine this. I have a customer I have been treating for 3 years now. Lawn looks great, I take great care of it. Imagine my surprise last month when I pulled up to treat and saw a Chemlawn sign in the lawn.

We came to find out they treated it by mistake. Yet they are still charging her for it!!! And I was to afraid to do my treatment do to the insane amount of nitrogen they used.

You want to talk about mad!!! I feel like throwing a grenade everytime i see one of there trucks. On top of the fact I had to reschedule my treatment, they used so much nitro that the lawn was impossible to cut for a few weeks.

Shady, Shady, business practices.
Its not the amount of N they are putting down. Its because its in liquid form and it has no slow release to it like a granular.

Steppenwolf
06-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Tru Green is putting down granular around here.

Steppenwolf
06-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Scott's is getting so shady that they are posting their signs in the farthest corner of the back yards so no competition will see who is doing the yards.Not exactly legal.

dvmcmrhp52
06-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Ya they start using granular at this time of year after they nuke the lawns into extreme growth.

Another one from my neighbor................
They told him he has cinch bugs (spelling) because he had a patch of brown grass in the front of his house.............LOL!
It is a patch of szoya grass that hadn't greened up yet.
Anything to make a buck.

dvmcmrhp52
06-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Steppenwolf
Scott's is getting so shady that they are posting their signs in the farthest corner of the back yards so no competition will see who is doing the yards.Not exactly legal.

Funny..........
I watched the guy do his thing about a week ago............
he put the sign right next to the front steps facing sideways toward the sidewalk..........couldn't see it from the street. I thought it was odd myself considering they used to put them near the curbs in plain view.

Steppenwolf
06-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by dvmcmrhp52
Funny..........
I watched the guy do his thing about a week ago............
he put the sign right next to the front steps facing sideways toward the sidewalk..........couldn't see it from the street. I thought it was odd myself considering they used to put them near the curbs in plain view. The signs are to be posted so that the most people who come in contact with the yard will see them.

KenH
06-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Steppenwolf
The signs are to be posted so that the most people who come in contact with the yard will see them.

Sign needs to be seen BEFORE yard is entered.

Steppenwolf
06-24-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by KenH
Sign needs to be seen BEFORE yard is entered. I thought that was what I said.

ProMo
06-25-2004, 08:24 AM
I was in a yard and heard a tg guy tell my customer he had to spray the lawn for mole crickets. They dont damage st augustine.