PDA

View Full Version : Says I broke his window!

polecat63
06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Got a call from one of my customers neighbor today, and he said he thinks I may have broken the window in his car. I tell him I know I didn't hit anything and was certain that it wasn't me. I even reminded him that he was outside in his driveway after I finished mowing and said I'm sure you would have noticed that big hole in the back window. He said he walked by it several time today and didn't notice anything, Uhhhh.....so you didn't notice anything until hours after I left? Yep, that's right. He said it like that was proof that I did it. ANyway, I explain to him about about the dischrge chute being down making it unlikely that I hit a window that far off the ground and again explain to him that if I had hit a rock big enough to put a golf ball size hole in his window I definately would have known it. SO he says okay, I'll see you in small claims court. I said good luck.

EastProLawn
06-24-2004, 10:32 PM
Sorry to hear about sh!t like that, hope all turns out well.

dvmcmrhp52
06-24-2004, 10:34 PM
Sounds like the guy who needs a new windshield cause it's cracked and he drives down the highway to get a phone number off the back of a truck and calls and says "one of your trucks kicked up a rock and cracked my windshield."
It used to happen in jersey all the time,common practice.
Good luck to you.

polecat63
06-24-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it stinks. It even looked like it was pushed out from the inside, or pulled from the outside. I suggested that it looked like a stick or someting was used and then pulled out. My customer, the neighbor, said the same thing. Guess he'll be my star witness. LOL

gunner27
06-24-2004, 10:46 PM
I had a neigbor of one of my customers who said his wife saw me hit their car on the street with my f 250 the week before. He even showed me ther red paint scuff on the car. One problem i told him, my truck is black...... he said sorry and walked away then i could hear him screaming at his ol 'lady. I would not pay if i were you. Everybody likes to blame it on the landscaper.

tiedeman
06-24-2004, 11:43 PM
sounds like just a guy trying to get a new windshield by scamming you

barringtonbrothers
06-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Man I hope every thing turns out in your favor. People can be such scum.