PDA

View Full Version : trampolines and applicating fert.

ant
06-24-2004, 11:51 PM
do you move trampolines while applicating?

Hamons
06-25-2004, 12:44 AM
No -- most are made of mesh and you can jsut spray right through the top of them. The bouncy part. I have found that you need to go slightly slower though to account for the added splasha nd run-off from the spray that doesn't make it through the mesh.

Hamons
06-25-2004, 12:46 AM
just kiddin' :)

I only have one customer who has it and it bare dirt underneath -- so I leave it be. I do spray braodleaf unerneath it though jus tto knock down the weeds.

MrBarefoot
06-25-2004, 06:23 AM
If the trampoline can be moved, I will move it so I an apply an even application. The homeowners seems to appreciate it so that makes the extra effort worth it.

Scraper
06-25-2004, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't touch it...you could loosen a connection and next time their kid goes to play the thing collapses and you know what happens next (lawsuit). If anything, spray round-up underneath as I'm sure whoever is mowing the property doesn't want the grass to grow underneath it. I know as both an applicator and a maintainer, I don't want anything growing underneath.

turfsurfer
06-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Generally will not move trampolines. I try to push a little fert in there and combined with what goes under on my passes to either side it works pretty well. The one time I moved one the owner had said" yeah, just pick up the one side and it will roll for you". That cost me about 5-10 minutes trying to get it back together.

Likestomow
06-27-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm with Scraper - we NEVER move trampolines. I explain that there is too much liability for us and we just don't do it. Most people understand and are okay with it after they are told why.

Green Dreams
06-27-2004, 04:05 PM
I'll squat down and spray under it. I'll throw some extra granular under there to be sure it can be seen...Drew

MrBarefoot
06-27-2004, 04:21 PM
You people say you don't move trapolines for liability reasons all raise a valid point.

I think I will change my policy on that, and just throw a little fert under them and treat around them from now on.

Thanks for the upgrade guys.

DiscoveryLawn
06-27-2004, 05:32 PM
I too am changing my policy to not moving trampolines. I can't believ I never thought about the potential of a liabilty issue!
David

mikesturf
06-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the great input. I'm not touching another trampoline again!!! Too many idiots in this world that will sue you for anything.

bart may
06-28-2004, 10:54 PM
I agree with not moving the tramps. Just the other day while mowing, the neighbors tramp was on the yard that I mow, so I stopped to move it back. As I slid it back I looked and sure enough one of the posts had come clean off. I've read a post on this subject a few years back on the mowing forum and that is why I looked. I'm sure that it would have caused an accident. I say no moving of tramps.

James Cormier
06-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Okay, can we all agree that we will never move a trampoline again.

" Im mad as hell and I not moving another trampoline "

How many guys carry one of those small hand held spreaders ( whirlly birds, I call them ) with them while on there PG or Zsprays. I carry one in the hopper all the time so I just hop off grab that baby and hit the little corners or hard to reach areas with that.

ant
07-07-2004, 06:33 AM
thanks guys for the input..
ant

ant
07-07-2004, 06:37 AM
I carry one in the hopper all the time so I just hop off grab that baby and hit the little corners or hard to reach areas with that.

james:what brand do you use?
i had one years ago that held about a 1/2 lb. or so but can't find them today. the ones i see now are to large to tote around..
ant