PDA

View Full Version : Innovative Manual Edger

Canadian GreenScape
06-25-2004, 08:06 AM
I just noticed this edger the other day:
( http://www.hound-dog.com/steppin_edger.htm )
I know its not gear for heavy commercial use, prob wont stand up, slower than the stick edgers etc etc... :p I just thought it was neat and wanted to pass it along. Someone had a good idea, Id like to know how well it works.

BCSteel
06-25-2004, 09:00 AM
That is kind of neat. Makes you wonder why no one came up with something like that sooner.

ElephantNest
06-25-2004, 09:02 AM
That's been around for a few years, and they work great.

Tharrell
06-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Check out the "Poop Hound". Looks like a business opportunity! ha ha ha

MOW ED
06-25-2004, 10:54 AM
That type of edger has been around for many years. I have an 85 year old customer that used to use it on about 1000 lineal feet of walk and driveway until one day I did a gratis edging with my power edger. Now she pays me well to run my edger around the property. I want to get that little device from her to put in the Maintenance Hall of Fame next to the push reel mower and hand clippers.

txlawnking
06-25-2004, 11:00 AM
We have a "weed hound" it works pretty good for a few errant weeds. It sure beats bending over..

Up North
06-25-2004, 11:11 AM
They make some pretty nifty things. They are a local company (Minnesota) and have made a killing around here. Almost every residence you go to you'll see one of their products. We have the Weed Hound, works great if you want to pull dandelions one by one...:dizzy: