PDA

View Full Version : Snapper

Grass_Nerd
06-25-2004, 03:16 PM
I haven't noticed too much talk about Snapper mowers. Is anyone using them or have used them?

mkwl
06-25-2004, 03:20 PM
I have a 11 Hp, 33" Snapper rider, and a 4hp, 21" Snapper mower that are pretty old, but I just use them for backup mowers. I use my new Bob-Cat 48", 15 hp w/Kawi, belt drive commercial mower on all my accounts and I absolutely love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Up North
06-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Grass Nerd,
I picked up the 52" Snapper Fastback Z with 21hp Kawasaki two weeks ago. Love it, it is a sweet machine. I demo'd the Hustlers, Exmarks, Dixie Choppers, and a couple others. I thought the Snapper was every bit as good as the Exmark & Hustler, and better then the Dixie Chop. But priced very well at $6500 out the door with extra set of Gator blades, hitch, and some other things.

One reason you may not see much about them on this site is this is only the second year they have produced a twin stick Z, they've had the joystick model for a while but I don't think it was very popular as it's hard to control on slopes. I've got about 30 hours on mine and it cuts & stripes great. Hope to be just as happy with it two years from now as I am now.

Buck

Itsgottobegreen
06-25-2004, 06:38 PM
If your talking 21" models. There great. I have two of them, both given to me. They are like 27(father) and 28(grandfathers) years old. Both have newer engines. What I started with. I wouldn't sell them for anything.

budracin
06-25-2004, 07:40 PM
I have a 2003 42" cut. It a cutting machine with a set of ninja blades...almost makes my skag look sick when it cuts. Only negative is, cutting height isn't to great. 3 1/4 is the highest I can set it.

txlawnking
06-25-2004, 07:42 PM
I absolutelly love my snapper commercial 21/ with 6 hp Kawi, it cuts beautiful and mainly it's about the fastest 21 I've ever used, wouldn't trade it for any other 21 for sure, ( unless I could find one with the robin 2 stroke!!) BUT with that said, you couldn't give me anything else snapper makes. Their simple riders are pretty good homeowner units though.