PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Mini Z and 19hp Kawasaki

blair smock
06-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi guys I guess I am looking for some reassurance here, I was ready to plop down the cash for a mini Z today (19hp Kaw w/ 52 in Deck) I really liked the machine. But for some reason the 19 hp Engine seems like it is to small. This is for commercial use, my first Z, And I have cut a lot of grass to get to this point. For 500.00 more and about another two months worth of cutting I could afford the 23 Kawasaki with the same size deck. It is going to be along time before I can upgrade. I have some hills and quite a few banks to cut. I will be mulching all the time. ANY input appreciated, should I wait or will the 19 be the better way to go? Thanks guys!

captken
06-26-2004, 12:19 AM
finacing is an option....

Woody82986
06-26-2004, 12:38 AM
I bought one with the 19 horsepower kawasaki and the 52" cut. I love it. I havent seen grass yet that made it slow down or bog down any at all. I had my reservations at first as well, but it turned out great.

blair smock
06-26-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by captken
finacing is an option....

I appreciate the advise and I could finance, but I am in a really tight monthly budget and am working to be full time in the Lc biz starting nxt spring. the money I made so far is going back into the biz so I can start with a clean sleight. HAve the truck new 6x12 trailer, hitch, cub cadet 18hp and 21 comercial Snapper, weed eater brand wead eater and edger. Not much but All mine!!!

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Just me , but I'd want a few more hp than 19. But, my belief is you can't have too much power!! You can get that mower with 23, 24 and I think 25hp. ( not sure @ 25). Our church has a Land pride 52" / with 24hp honda ( identical almost to mini z, different paint etc.) and it has no problems.

FuzzyOne
06-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Get the 23. I have a Mini with a 19/44. Although I never had a problem with cutting high grass, I can't run doubles. There just isn't enough power there. You'll always be second guessing yourself if you don't.

I'm almost ready to trade up to a Super......