PDA

View Full Version : truck ramps......

fga
06-26-2004, 12:00 AM
what do you think of this ramp I just bought? gotta load bigger equipment lately into the trucks, and don't trust my 2 x's anymore. i never thought i'd spend 150 dollars on ramps!! it's cool though cuz i can fold it up and hang it on the side of my dump truck like a ladder rack. my ramps now are all over the place. should be here in a few days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2482640290

naturescape
06-26-2004, 09:43 AM
I'd be totally paranoid about falling through the ramp. Here's my ramp, it's made to my order. Cost me about $800 in 1990 including the electric winch.

fga
06-26-2004, 09:57 AM
your's is nicer,but $800, i would have bought a trailer. plus i need it to be able to come off and on. i put equipment in the back of my dump, as well as my pick up, so it can't be fixed in place. nice gate though!

qualitylandscaping
06-26-2004, 10:14 AM
looks nice, but the holes are way to big.. What if you need to get a wheelbarrow or something similar up the ramps? I doubt they would work..

Also, 7.5' is alittle to short for a dump bed? I have 12' ramps to go into my dump trailer.

fga
06-26-2004, 11:36 AM
this is a picture of the ramps I've been using, they are 7.5 ft. its probably steeper then what would come on a trailer, but its been working for me. i use the chains on the tailgate to make the bed lower, almost like I'm extending the ramps by about 2 feet. even in this picture, the front of the truck is sloped down, so the bed is even lower then pictured.

don't mind my front driveway, my truck hides my mess when I'm home, and when I'm not, I don't care!!:) :)

what's the height on your dump trailer, 12 feet is pretty long. my truck bed on both trucks is only 8 feet, i'd be sticking out 4'.

fga
06-26-2004, 11:38 AM
forgot the picture, here it is.......

oh, by the way, that's my bobcat 48" i just bought, in front of the lawnboy.

fga
06-26-2004, 11:40 AM
unbelievable!! forgot the picture again!!! I'm a dumb azz. that's the kind of week I've had. my guy stood me up again today, WEEK PLEASE END!!!!

naturescape
06-26-2004, 02:54 PM
fga: One slip and you'll fall through that ramp and break your leg or WORSE. If you get it, at least weld some mesh to it so you don't fall through, then that ramp might work ok for you.

qualitylandscaping
06-26-2004, 04:38 PM
fga,

trailer is alittle over 3' high..

mdb landscaping
06-26-2004, 04:44 PM
that ramp will work fine.....i think the picture is a little deceiving. we have the same ramp that we use in the winter to load the quad with the spreader and plow into the back of a truck. it works great. you can wheel a wheel barrow up no problem. itll be fine.

fga
06-26-2004, 05:57 PM
mdb,
i emailed some of the people who bought it from that guy already, to ask them about the quality, and they said similar to what you said, works great, strong.

but, if i do need some extra strength, i'll definitely add some mesh, or some welded braces.

thanks for the advice guys. it'll be here i a couple of days, I'll tell you about the quality.