PDA

View Full Version : Push Trimmers >.. Do U Use Them

clyde
06-26-2004, 03:28 AM
I had one given to me the other day and i am getting it going

how do they cut and do u have any trouble with scalping?

its a greenmachine

4hp
20"

allstar
06-26-2004, 09:21 AM
It's hard to beat stick edgers;quick,reliable and versatile.When it comes to edging along walkways,driveways,etc. nothing else comes close,IMHO.

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 02:24 PM
What are you gonna use it for? I"ve thought about one myself for overgrown areas and ditches, but i'm not sure that they have enuff chutzpah for it. I deffinatelly wouldn't use it on a nice lawn. I am currious how good they do in really thick weeds, though...

clyde
06-26-2004, 10:12 PM
well i got it going today seems to have an air leak in the Primer bulb.

But it runs ....rough but i can tell ... i cut a bit with it today.

It seems like it will be ok.

I didn't want to spend the money on it if it they were bad about scalping or any other problems with the general design of them.

What i will be using it for....

I have one small back yard and then a large yard i have a ditch i have to walk with a string trimmer and i figured this would reduce my time on both ... the small back yard has a dog that stays inside untill it needs to do its bizns and guess who is watching where the string trimmer is going like a HAWK. This Push trimmer will for sure make my like a little easier not having to worry about
having it slung up on me.....
And i have some commerical accounts i can use it for and just scatter the clippigns b/c of where i would cut is around the back of the building stuff like that

and it cuts 22" so thats like a small push mower that weighs what 20lbs instead of 40lbs

so i think its the way to go and it doesn't take any room up on the trailor at all there is a Post with a picture on it of the one i got some where on this site ... just search for PUSH TRIMMER.;) ;)