PDA

View Full Version : Prepaid lawyer service has anyone seen this

clyde
06-26-2004, 02:57 AM
I thought this might help some out that have had trouble with debt collection and all things related to doing things with in the legal limits of getting money or not having to pay money to someone else

I have had some people not wanting to pay me this yr this is the worst yet for some reason....

I think some have seen some other post of mine about my a tree pruning mistake potentially costing me ( i work for some nice people when they want to be)

a friend told me about this prepaid law thing and i signed up.

the lawyer firm will write up to 3 debt collection letters a month and give advice and a lot of other things

I am paying 40$ a month for it... it was like14$ extra to add the Small Biz part to it. and the rest if for the family and personal use.

anyway i just thought this would help some.

Oh also this includes contracts

AND NO I AM NOT SOLICITING

chuckwk
06-26-2004, 03:05 AM
I used it for personal use ... its was ok if you take advantage of their contract services, etc. but as far as taking care of speeding tickets.. the attorneys they referred me to charged about the same or more after the pre-paid % deduction as my regular attorney ... If I can remember, you have to pay certain fees like court,+ the initial cost of the fine, etc.. those add up quite a bit .. I think around $200 to cover a 10mph over speed ticket... around $125 for the initial fine then around $70 or so for associated fees.

clyde
06-26-2004, 03:28 AM
thats doesn't sound like much of a help

other than the Paperwork stuff like on the contracts and debt collects

I thinnk its basically like having ur own legal secretary.

Which is not a bad thing usually u can do most things by simple taken it to that one step above ..... U sending them a "Last Call " notice.

Of course if they get ur Contract written up that COOOOUUULD
potentially save or MAKE ur money back on what u spend on them. IF written Correctly...?

Only time will tell

thanks for the advice

chuckers
06-26-2004, 09:15 AM
are you talking about prepaid legal? if yes yes i have used them before

Lombardi
06-26-2004, 09:29 AM
RIPOFF. PYRAMID SCHEME. Once you sign up they want you to recruit others to do the same.
Do it yourself. Or the few times that you need advice go to a local atty. and you will still save money.

pjslawncare/landscap
06-26-2004, 10:30 AM
I have my own attorney for legal stuff. I just make appointment when I need him and get personal (face to face) service and usually doesnt cost too much. With prepaid your spending $480 per year whether you need them or not & service sounds limited. Ill stick to my local attorney

Trevors Lawn Care
06-26-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Lombardi
RIPOFF. PYRAMID SCHEME. Once you sign up they want you to recruit others to do the same.
Do it yourself. Or the few times that you need advice go to a local atty. and you will still save money.

ha actually it works very well. I have two family friends that make a living selling these. The service is actually very helpful and for only 40 bucks a month isnt to bad. The good thing about selling it is, when you sign someone up you get a commission...but also when they sign someone up you also get a commission...and it continues down the line.

IMO very helpful

trevor

clyde
06-26-2004, 08:57 PM
well i am not selling it or anything

I found out about that later
betwn finishing an Architectural Engineering Degree and trying to keep my small buisiness going ... i don't have time to be pedalling something that might and mightnot go through.

I think it is too worth it. U can cancel anytime....there is no contract.

Google PrePaidLegalServices

i think u can see about it there.
I see it as u keep it through the peak seasons when u dont' have time to deal with things and they send u the exact thing they send the other party u are having trouble out of ..

U file those Documents and then

if u have something come up in the off season when u have more time u

do a little OCR'n and then take the Attorney letter head and all that forgery off and put ur own and then change the name of the offender to the new one and send them the letter. U have a Professionally correct document.

that is effective.

twwlawn
06-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Been with them for 10 years and costs me only 300 per year and the services that I need for the business has been great with no more expense.

Likestomow
06-26-2004, 10:16 PM
At first you think it's a good thing because you now have your own lawyer, but soon you find out that you really don't. They will give you some advise over the phone, but when it comes to doing anything, they charge the same. After about a year of paying on it you will drop it and be better off, except for the lesson you had to learn.