PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle weed in sidewalk/driveway cracks?...PART II

walker-talker
06-26-2004, 12:38 PM
Now I am looking at the poll I see that 60% of who answered says that they put down some form of non-selective herbicide. Now for my second and third question. How many are you are actually licensed to put down such chemicals (not asking about lawns here, just the sidewalk cracks). I am not here to place blame, but merely to get a concensus.

Heron Cove PM
06-26-2004, 08:08 PM
I answered in your last post "burn them with a string trimmer." In the state of Maryland, I can't so much as take a leak on a lawn (or other) without a license. Water and starter fertilizer are the ONLY things that we are allowed to apply in MD without a license. I would love to spray the cracks with Round-Up. I would do it with out hesitation or charge as everyone else stated in the other posts; however, I was working for a company several years ago that didn't have a license. I was doing just that; spraying Round-up that we bought over the counter from a large home center and I got stopped by the State and the company was fined in excess of $2600.00.

So now that I am on my own, no I do not and I will not spray until I get my license. Do I think it is important for me to have a license? Yes I do. I should be regulated and I should understand all the ins and outs and all aspects of any chemicals that I would apply to someone's yard. So I applaud the State of Maryland. I have no problems with that! String trimmer line is cheap.

Good Luck!

Marshall

walker-talker
06-27-2004, 03:46 AM
Thanks for you honest answer Heron!!!

precisioncut
06-27-2004, 04:05 AM
I'm licensed and glad I am. I didn't use to care about others until I went through the loops and hoops to get one. I feel that everyone should be properly licensed to do what every aspet of the any job they wish to perform.