PDA

View Full Version : 757?

pea
06-26-2004, 11:45 AM
Who on here owns a JD 757? I have it narrowed down to an Exmark or 757. I hear the 757 has a more comfortable ride. That is real important to me. Any advice.

pea

imograss
06-26-2004, 12:11 PM
I think the 757 does offer a better ride, but it lacks in the areas of easy maintenance. As far as I know they don't offer the heavy duty canister air filter. I really didn't like the deck adjuster however it is better than Deere's previous Z's. I delivered a great cut (so did the comparable Exmark). I demoed several machines and settled on a Hustler Super Z. The Super has the easiest deck adjuster, suspension seat standard, 2 belts, awsome warranty, very easy to maintain, sticks to hills like glue, has plent of speed, the Hustler support on this forum alone is 2nd to none. This of course is only my .02

DLCS
06-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Yes, I have 2 757's now, just bought the other last week. I can tell you they don't offer the heavy duty canister filter, yet. But you can get one from kawasaki. The seat is the most cofortable that i've seen so far on a z. As far as the deck height adjustment, it is so simple and goes in 1/4 inch increments. I can't speak for Exmark though since I've never owned one.

Steve1
06-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Either one is a great unit. My personal preference after demoing both was with the Deere but if the dealers are equal, I don't think you'll regret buying either unit.

There are numerous things about the Deere I liked better but they were not anything huge or deal breaking.

Buy the one you like best after you demo them side by side.

Good luck.

protouchlawn
06-28-2004, 07:41 AM
I have a 757 and love it. I demoed just about all of them and liked it the best by far. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but if I had it to do over again I would still buy the 757.

QuikKutLawn
06-28-2004, 08:15 AM
I like the 757 better, I thought it had a better cut, especially in tall wet grass. By-the-way, Deere just came out with HD air cleaners for their machines. Dealer called me this weekend.