PDA

View Full Version : uniforms? should i?

RedWingsDet
06-26-2004, 01:22 PM
well, for my uniforms, everyone usually has jeans and a white shirt or gray shirt. well i like to be different, and stick out from other locos. my truck is red with yellow hood and yellow stripes, with yellow lettering, and my trailer is red, and all my lawn equipment is red execpt for my echos and stihls.

sooooo. what i was thinking is.... having my uniform be yellow pants and red shirt. i know it would look goofy, but it'd also stand out from others.

SpudsM15
06-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Don't those colors attract bees?
I'm trying to figure out what colors I should use.

The red should go good with yellow letters. maybe white...
The yellow pants, umm how yellow like hustler yellow or a dockers yellowish beige?

RedWingsDet
06-26-2004, 01:27 PM
yellow like hustler

MMLawn
06-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Our trucks are red with red and white signs so in the summer we wear kahaki shorts and red tee shirts with the company info screened on using the same fonts as the truck signs in large on the back small on the front.

Pilgrims' Pride
06-26-2004, 01:41 PM
My beloved United States Marine Corps wears red (scarlet) shorts and yellow (gold) t-shirts during physical training.
Nobody talks trash about them!

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 01:46 PM
I'd say go for it, anything looks better than dressing like a dirtbag!!

Littleriver1
06-26-2004, 04:41 PM
I like earth tones. I will dress like a dirt bag.

EastProLawn
06-26-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey, whatever floats your boat !

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry little river, by dirtbag I meant unkept slob type person or "bum"....Nuthin wrong with earthtones, I like em' myself.

TheKingNJ
06-26-2004, 06:07 PM
i've been considering making my guys wear capes and a crown being that I'm THE KING LANDSCAPING.
I'd probally never do that but it would be funny and draw a lot of attention to my business.

but seriously i think my crew stands out from most because all of the other Lawn Care business mow in raggy clothes and/or no shirt and we usally rock the Polo shirts unless it's over 100 degress and nice kacky short or pants.

Yard Perfect
06-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Yellow pants would get very dirty, very quickly and you would look worse. Try to find a way to have dark pants.

Lux Lawn
06-26-2004, 06:28 PM
I don't think your employees will like yellow pants

tiedeman
06-26-2004, 06:40 PM
I have to agree, I don't like the yellow pants idea.

But I am glad that you are thinking about a uniform setup. I wear red polo shirts and blue dickies. The reason for them being blue is they hide the grease and dirt really good compared to khaki colored

MacTruck
06-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Red and yellow reminds me of McDonalds, or some other form of fast food. And if anyone told me I had to have yellow pants... I would NOT be happy. I think you should go red and yellow shirts and any other color pants.

Steppenwolf
06-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Stay away from red, blue or black t shirts..very hot. Go for a light grey with no sleves,cool,reflects the sun and also looks nice with your company name on the back with a logo. That is what we use.

RedWingsDet
06-26-2004, 07:19 PM
mac truck, all the little kids around here when i drive down they ask me for a big mac and stuff like that, its funny. but i guess ill stay away from the yellow pants... plus if i did do red shirts with yellow pants we'd look like a walking heniz bottle.

MacTruck
06-26-2004, 07:38 PM
lol.. thats classic. Just dont be a pita and make everyone wear dark green polos ;thats what i have to do and its HELLA hot. Trying to talk him into white or grey with a big logo/phone number instead of a little emboridered name on it.