PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your best customer

EastProLawn
06-26-2004, 04:07 PM
I know that some of you are probably lucky like me and have some very good customers, but let me hear about your very best customer or your favorite customer. My best is this young couple who are the classiest people I have ever met.

1) Pay on time in full every time ( no matter how high )
2) Offer us something to drink each and every time we're there.
3) Gives us plenty of work through out the entire year
4) Never, and I mean never complain.
5) Tip us on a regualr basis.
6) Often give us freebies ( gift cert. to the Home Depot etc. )
7) She's very easy on the eyes and he's not the jealous type.

I could go on, but let's hear about your best customer.

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 04:30 PM
You got me beat. My best is #'s 1-4. The rest are just "customers".

chuckers
06-26-2004, 05:29 PM
#1 #4 and i love them christmas gifts in the mail like a gift card

RedWingsDet
06-26-2004, 06:22 PM
my bestcustomer has gotten me 11 more accounts

Woody82986
06-26-2004, 08:14 PM
My best client and I have never actually met. She is a single mid 20's girl that leases a very nice duplex out in the country. She pays on time and has gotten me quite a few great accounts. Everyone who knows her says she is the sweetest girl they had ever met. They laugh when I tell them I have no clue what she looks like. I have really only spoken to her on the phone twice in the past two years.

Itsgottobegreen
06-26-2004, 11:40 PM
I have one of the coolest customers. The guy has more money than he knows what to do with. Ex. 2 corvettes, ford lighting, Plymouth prowler, land rover SUV, Jaguar 8Xk, 1.1 million dollar house, golf cart, Kubota B7500 tractor (his lawn mower), hot tub, putting green, a huge wine cellar, etc.

1) Pay on time in full every time ( no matter how high )
In cash or check when I finish. (he is home 4 or 5 days a week)

2) Offer us something to drink each and every time we're there.
Knows I am not 21, so always offers bottled root beer or bottle water or an orange (he gets a box of them every week)

3) Gives us plenty of work through out the entire year
I swear I barely finish one project and I am on another. Everything from maintain on his equipment(His tractors, lawn mower, etc), sod, stone, dirt, mulch, trees, etc. I spend on average 1/2 to 1 day per week there or his house in the mountains or his sons house up the street.

4) Never, and I mean never complain.
Only about the price in a joking tone of voice. That I never show up on time(even if I am only 1 min late), again in a joking voice. He is glad that I showed up and the work is getting done. (He has gone throught 7 guys in two years, ethier couldn't keep up with the work load, never showed up, complained about him to other customers (he hates that),etc.)

5) Tip us on a regular basis.
$75 cash tip the last time I was there.

6) Often give us freebies ( gift cert. to the Home Depot etc. )
Gave me a 5x8 heavy duty trailer two weeks ago after he bought the ford Lighting. He claimed he had a truck now so he didn't need it anymore.

7) She's very easy on the eyes and he's not the jealous type.
She left, he is looking for a replacement.

8) other
Lets me borrow stuff (has a set of clip on forks and tooth bar I borrow since we have the same kubota tractor. Also the tractor once when mine broke)

Other wise I have 3 more best costumers. Most of this list applies to them. I do ever thing for them, just not to this extent I do for this guy. Then the rest are customers or PITA(there is only 1)

Burger
06-27-2004, 12:16 AM
My Best Customer is a fella named Dave. Dave had someone else taking care of him, found out I wanted the work, and called the other guy and had him yank his gear. Thats customer loyalty. What Dave wants, Dave gets.

TROTTMAN
06-27-2004, 12:31 AM
I don't have numbers like that, but my best account is taking care of unpurchased lots in a neighborhood that is less than a mile from my house. The homeowner's association pays me $130 to mow the first 15 feet of the lot off of the road for about 9 lots (3 sets of 3 so I only have to make 3 different stops). It takes me about 50 minutes to leave my house, cut them all (mow, trim, edge, & blow), and get back to my house. What is that, $140ish an hour? Lol...

HighGrass
06-27-2004, 01:06 AM
79 year old lady. Although she's anything but easy on the eyes, she pays on time every week, and always has great things to say about the yard when i'm done. I usually grab her newspaper out of the box before I knock on here door so she doesn't have to go out in the heat. She always offers something to drink and makes me sit and rest in the AC before i go. I have not raised the price of this account and I'm sure I should and could...but i won't. She was one of my first. Not real rich in money, but real rich in other ways.

GrassBustersLawn
06-27-2004, 01:08 AM
My best clients are commercial. One is a chain department store. I do everything for them: mow, fert, squirt, edge, trim bushes, & mulch. I recently did a mulch job for them - they paid me IN ADVANCE, IN FULL! I emailed them the estimate & I had a check within a week.

My other best one is a local office of a real estate chain. We'll do WHATEVER they want us to do. That is in addition to mowing, fert, squirt, planting color & bush trimming. Last year I hauled a bunch of trash out of their attic and took it to the dump. This year I cleaned their gutters. (I wouldn't do that for ANYONE else.) We are also ON CALL to clear a big rain water drain in front of their building. Whenever it rains hard, debris will clog the drain & cause their parking lot to flood. Manager used to call when she wanted it done, now we just show up when WE THINK it needs it, day or night, winter, spring, summer & fall. OF COURSE, we are WELL COMPENSATED for ALL of the jobs we do for them. NEVER had them complain & always pay when billed!

Mike

TClawn
06-27-2004, 02:55 AM
my best client lives right next to my house and always has some work for me to do. (I just planted 19 panix in his back yard).

he tips EVERY time.

never complains.

has a great looking yard.

EastProLawn
06-27-2004, 10:35 AM
I'm glad to hear that alot of us have great customers, it seems that alot of the posts on LS are always about the PITA customer. It's refreshing to hear some of the good stuff. Keep the replies coming.

EastProLawn
06-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Wow, nobody has any good customers.

odin
06-28-2004, 05:40 PM
my best two customers they paid wel got us other cilent etc etc ....but those things were only iceing on the cake ...this elderly couple were scottish peope who immigrated her to chicago years ago after ww2 .....well my brother and i went to give the estimate in beautiful suburb around here ...first thing the gentleman says ...i want to knew ya name ...well its a scottish last name to ...he says you got the job ..do what needs to be done ....you charge me whats fair ..i like my money and work go to scots men .......its was a very profitable job ....buy the real profit was one of the very few friendship i have had with cilents .....they knew my wife on a first name basis ....working for these people was s privaledge .....as much as i know about my scottish heritage these people taught me more and made me that much prouder of that hertiage.I do belive it would have been worth paying these extraordinery people to work for them!!!

some things are worth more then money and profit ..working for these people was one such thing. very sad day when mister cameron passed away ..his wife only lasted a few months after he died .

EastProLawn
06-28-2004, 08:59 PM
That's a great story Odin. It's nice to appreciate and to be appreciated.

specialtylc
06-28-2004, 09:07 PM
My best customer is a family owned company that owns 15 apartment complexes. We do 9 of them. We do everything except the sprinkler systems, which the managers take care of. We never hear any complaints and they pay us on a 12 month plan. I dont even have to invoice them. The checks are always on time. They are building another complex 1 mile from my house and should be completed next spring. So we will be adding that to our workload next year.

EastProLawn
06-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Good luck on the new complex Specialty, hopes it works out well for you.

Norm Al
06-28-2004, 09:58 PM
actually my best customers have always been the guy that works for his money and apreciates the fact that im working for mine!

fivestarlawnken
06-29-2004, 12:28 AM
My best customer is ME HAHA. Never late on bills,never complains,always happy with final project etc etc.This year I actually enjoy all my customers equally.Really!! I grew to a very nice crowd this year,everyones happy etc. Most are giving me sidework and some are still trying to give me new customers.

impactlandscaping
06-29-2004, 12:41 AM
I have quite a few that could fall in that category, but two stand out. One is a residential, a Dr. , when she calls or emails for a project, she knows what she wants, and give us carte blanche to take care of the property as we see fit.Never complains about prices because she values our premium serivces. The other is commercial, 9 gas stations owned by the same company. We do full service for them and have a rider on the contract allowing any necessary work / improvements under $ 500.00 per store, per month, to be done without prior approval or change work orders. It's nice to be able to provide the level of service to a client that you would expect to have at your own property.

jonnyg
06-29-2004, 10:50 PM
my best customer is the owner of our largest commercial property. it is 8 or 9 acres of mowable grass. this is our first year servicing this account. he had us til up a 2 acre patch so he could plant a garden for hsi employees. hes a real nice guy and doesnt care how much it costs long as his yard looks nice. the yard was in tough shape when we started this spring. he had us aerate once, overseed, and we've done 4 applications of triple 12. every other month we put down an application of triple 16 and k-mag. you should see how much the appearance of the property has improved from the beginning of april to now. in the next couple weeks we are going to start a very large landscaping job in front of the plant. i just wish all my customers were like him!

ZX12R
06-29-2004, 11:54 PM
My best customer pays my mortgage every month.