PDA

View Full Version : Dang rain!!!

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 05:35 PM
Someone had a thread on here a while back about what to do on a rainy day, How about an entire rainy week? I've been on good ole' LS all week cuz of the rain. Anyone else feel my pain?:D

Lot's of catch up to do......

Yard Perfect
06-26-2004, 06:14 PM
I mow even if it rains. I don't mow in the snow or frost. those are the exceptions. If I don't mow in the rain, then tomorrow, what do I do? Tomorrow is already fully booked. If I put it off for a week, it is too long to mow, therefore, I mow. Weekends are for me, not my customers.

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 06:57 PM
It's rained like 13'' over the last 2 weeks, 4-5" in the last 2 days or so. If you were to try that here with the gumbo mud that's under most people's yards you'd be stuck like chuck. And I don't do weekend work either. I tried Thurs. ( the rain stopped for a couple of hrs.) I went to my one thurs. acct, and her yard was a swamp!! Oh well I'll be busy monday... If the forecaster is wrong..

thill
06-26-2004, 10:26 PM
TEX

Same is happening here. May and June have had 2 - 4 rain days every stinking week.

Weekends are the only way to keep the clients relatively happy when it goes on that long.

Here in Austin we are already 4" over of our normal annual total.

We are thinking about trading in a few of our trailers for blow boats.

Good Luck
Tom

beransfixitinc
06-26-2004, 10:31 PM
It's a Pain also for us in the repair portion of yalls business.

Hey thill, where in Austin are you?

RedWingsDet
06-26-2004, 10:33 PM
ive heard about alll the rain, even the homedepot's roof clapsing!

twwlawn
06-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Normally in the past years during June is pretty warm out, but this year the rain has been coming down more than the norm. I keep mowing through it, because everyday is a full day.

ElephantNest
06-26-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey, TX, I understand your getting too much rain, but do me a favor.....Stop sending it THIS WAY!!

8)

Hardly worked at all this week. Actually, it's been kind of fun.

Couple of weeks ago, a town near me got like 16 inches in ONE day.

PMLAWN
06-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Saw Texas on the Weather Channel today. Must be hard to cut in 2' of water. Been raining this week in NC, First time this year I've had weather problems. 3" in an hour Wed.
Saw that the Waco area had like 5 inches in the last couple of days. Stayed in a state park just east of Waco for 5 monthes last year and I know that it can rain out there.

captken
06-26-2004, 11:26 PM
yal can have all the mud bugs we got in Mississippi.

for free!

Woody82986
06-26-2004, 11:45 PM
I guess up here near DFW we have been lucky so far. There has only been 4 days so far this season that I couldn't get them all done because of rain. I got rained out yesterday afternoon and finished them up before it started raining thisafternoon. I have been able to duck and dodge the rain all season. We have had more rain than we have ever been used to this year though. It has made my client's lawns very healthy.

2k1yzfr1
06-27-2004, 12:03 AM
We've had close to 6 inches of rain just today at my house. And there is a 70% chance of more flooding rains tomorrow. Oh well we'll take it when we can get it.

Justin

txlawnking
06-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Yep, and the fore cast ain't pretty- 30-60% chance all next week....

jt5019
06-27-2004, 12:56 AM
we could use some rain the lawns are getting a bit crispy here.Another week i may have to skip some.

TROTTMAN
06-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Its raining about every other day here in East Texas (Tyler to be exact). So far not too many problems with putting lines in the grass, but I have dug 2 bad holes with the tires in 2 accounts! (DOH!!!) Thankfully, both are houses for sale and both holes I dug were in discrete areas.

Mike (MLC)
06-27-2004, 01:48 AM
It rain 5'' today, It may dry out in week

lqmustang
06-27-2004, 03:09 AM
This past week was the first time this year I was able to go from the beginning to the end of my mowing route without rain. I forgot how quickly I can actually get thru my 38 weekly customers when I'm not constantly dodging the rain.

LAWNS AND MOWER
06-27-2004, 03:37 AM
Yep, raining here also, but I'd rather have rain then a drought!!! Wait 3 months, and there will be threads whining about how dry it is. Soak it up guys ( no pun intended).

Envy Lawn Service
06-27-2004, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by LAWNS AND MOWER
Yep, raining here also, but I'd rather have rain then a drought!!!
Ditto...... it's been a hard week. I mow'm wet, I mow'm in the rain so long as it's not pouring... and this week I'm still behind, farther than I ever recall. It's 3 am on a Sunday morning, I can't sleep and I have a full hard day of cutting ahead of me. The best I can hope for is that those I skipped over yesterday morning are not still too soft and mushy to get on.... and I just heard F#%*ing rain drops start pinging off the window.

Errrrrrrrrrr!!!! Not forecast of course! Errrrrrrr!!!!..... and I have NEVER missed a lawn, not even as much as it rained here last year. Of course it friggin' pouring now and I can feel the track record I'm so proud of slipping away.

:angry: :blob2: