PDA

View Full Version : Excited about starting new business!

Genesis Lawn Care
06-26-2004, 05:03 PM
My name is Matt Craig. I worked for another company for the past ten years, and I am very excited about starting my own business. My new business is going to be mainly fertilization and weed control, along with seasonal grub controls, aerations, and seedings when necessary. The only problem I am having right now is that I know all about the general, physical work aspect of the occupation, but I am still learning about the office work that still has to be done and where exactly I can get the best prices for my business that I am starting here in central Indiana. I am looking feverishly for the best nutsedge and grub controls that I can find right now. I will appreciate ANY advice I get from anybody. I will also make sure that I answer any questions that I see on this site that I may have an answer for. Please drop me a line sometime so we can re-hash old war stories from the turf industry.

I look forward to talking to you,

Matt Craig

Talstar
08-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Hey Matt, you need Manage for your sedge control, and Merit with fert combo. or Mach II for grub control. Mach II would probably be best for this time of year. I am in the same situation you are in now 2 years ago. Try Quick Books basic edition, it takes a bit to get going, but once set up, its as good as an honest employee, and no sick time. Tim

MIDWEST25
01-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Forget the grub and nutgrass for now.Get to marketing in some form or fashion now.People are signing up NOW. Bout the grub:THe patent has expired on merit.Someone will probably be copying it.Should be better prices ahead.Liquid is always cheaper than granular.For the Nutgrass:Manage is safe from burn but stupidly expensive.If you are familiar with MSMA and not afraid to use it theres a certian blend of that and trimec 992 that smokes it faster and many$$$$$$ cheaper.Works on 99% of all weeds.