PDA

View Full Version : 1 week Primo Maxx sprayed with PG Ultra - revisited, WITH PICS

LwnmwrMan22
06-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Okay... I think I got this down. The first one is a test run, then I gotta jump in the shower and head to the mall, be back late tonight with the rest.

Here is the "nonpixeled" version of the two rows of fence posts.

The row on the left is sprayed, the row on the right is not.

I do have close ups of each row coming up.

LwnmwrMan22
06-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Let me know if everyone can see that, and I'll finish them up when I get back tonight. Thanks.

Diesel
06-26-2004, 06:35 PM
Pic upload was successful. The strip on the left looks thicker and drker green to me.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 08:40 AM
Here is the row of fence posts that has been sprayed.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 08:41 AM
Here is the row of fence posts that has not been sprayed. remember that the grass had been trimmed down to about 1/4-1/2" tall on both rows.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 08:43 AM
Here is a row of trees that I sprayed. I went down one side, then back down the other, overlapping the two. Remember, I was spraying at 1.3 oz / 1000.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Forgot the pic, sorry.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 08:49 AM
Here is a picture of another row of trees where I did the same thing. I want to apologize for all the shadows again, it was getting later in the day when I tood these.

In this picture, if you look at the grass, you'll see somewhat of a "C" shape with darker grass on the left, and lighter on the right, which follows the tree line about 5' wide. The lighter grass was sprayed, but it was about 4" tall when we mowed it last week, 1 week after the application.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Here is a picture of 1 of the walls at the school.

There was no need at all to trim along the school building anywhere, nor was there any staining or residue left anywhere on the side of the building.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 08:54 AM
This picture is around some bushes where I tried to use the little bottle that comes with the Ultra. If you look against the base of the wall you can see just how tall the grass had grown in 1 week.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Now I have hooked up a wand on my Ultra. I ran it off of the bottle fill valve.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 09:02 AM
Okay, last picture that I've got is a picture of an area that was spray, one side of the chainlink fence, but not the other, since there was new grass growing on the far side.

If you look at the handicapped signs, you'll notice there's no tall grass around them, but if you look at the fire hydrant, you'll notice there is tall grass behind it, but none along the base of the fence.

I believe the hydrant blocked too much of the spray, but that if I had gone along the other side of the fence, then I would have been okay.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Again, I apologize for the shadows, I realize that it makes things hard to see sometimes.

This is on grounds that is not fertilized.

As for different colors of turf, thicker, I don't believe any of that has occured. This property has not had any rain for 2 weeks since these pictures were taken, and it has not rained yet since these pictures were posted 6-27.

I'm curious to see how well it keeps the grass from growing against hardscape objects, walls, curblines, etc., since that's where the most concern is with rouge grass that parents and others from the area are most likely to notice "rough" looking mowing jobs.

Also I'm looking for how well it controls the fence lines since that's 50-60% of the trimming time at these schools, walking both sides of the chainline.

There are 2 baseball fields, 2 softball fields, 2 football fields, tennis courts, plus about 600 of those posts that were in the previous pictures.

When we mow again on Thursday, I'll try to remember to take some pictures again.

If there's any questions, post away. :)

FERT-TEK
06-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Lawnmower man thanks for your patience in trying to get this post out. Lots of people interested in the results. Just to clarify you used Primo Max at full strength correct. I dont remember if I posted it on your thread or not but, the guy from Permagreen suggested using products that reqire 1/2 gal of water carrier at half rate and making two passes. Makes sense since each pass with a PG applies about one quart of liquid so two passes = 1/2 gal. The only pain in the but is mixing the extra tanks of solution.

LwnmwrMan22
06-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Dave, I mixed at 1.3 oz / 1000, or 42 oz / 8 gallons. I mixed at this rate, since on the label it recommends that 1 oz / 1000, OR if slight yellowing of turf is not a problem, that you could go up to double the rate for control of up to 8 weeks.

1.3 oz / 1000 gave me enough mix for 3 tanks of mix, which I knew I still would not have enough to spray the entire property, but for a $400 + test I figured it was worth it.

I realize that I could / should have maybe tried it out on 1 fence line, but since I'd already purchased the product, might as well try it out in all my areas.

jestermg
06-27-2004, 10:02 PM
where do u guys get this primo max?

is there a web page or something?

whats the price, size of container etc etc.

thanks

jestermg
06-27-2004, 10:02 PM
where do u guys get this primo max?

is there a web page or something?

whats the price, size of container etc etc.

thanks

Hamons
06-27-2004, 10:29 PM
primo maxx can be bought at Lesco or any other turf supplier

$470/gal