PDA

View Full Version : From Hobby to full time

rdran5
06-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Hi guys, I am looking for some direction, I have been doing lawn care here in Virginia and some small landscaping jobs for the last few years and just recently decided this may be something I want to persue when I retire from the Navy in 2.5 years. I currently have just 3 accounts, which only bring in 105.00 per week, about 2 hours total. Last week I purchased a 2003 z master 100 20/44 with dfs bagging system and a 2003 big tex 18 ft landscape trailer, the trailer is paid for and I plan to have the mower paid off with some tree work in the next 30 days. My question, I have no insurance, no business license, my landscape work has all come from referral. (I am scared to advertise since I don't have a lic.) (I grew up in western N Carolina and understand trees and I don't take any chances, just small stuff with no power lines or structures involved, my accounts all pay me cash) what are the advantages and disadvantages of the business lic. and insurance, also do I need a license to put down pellet weed and feed. Thank-you for the direction