tiedeman
06-26-2004, 10:11 PM
another pic of the lawn

odin
06-26-2004, 10:12 PM
good stripes there ....they striped it in piled stripes lol

robertyb
06-26-2004, 10:19 PM
That is a picture of a field on the side of a lawn. It was just cut with a bushhog. I can post pictures like that all day if you like them. I cut 3 acres with mower and other four acres twice a year with bushhog. It looks just like that when I finish bushhoging. Cut some 4 to 6 foot weeds with your Z and see what it looks like after 1 pass.

tiedeman
06-26-2004, 10:24 PM
actually NO, its a lawn at at elementary school just 8 miles south of me...that is the actual lawn, no field

FuzzyOne
06-26-2004, 10:39 PM
I bet the school is more to blame than the company that cut it. They probably don't want to pay for a weekly service. Lets face it, if they aren't going to pay for the cleanup, than I'd leave it like that too.

Tonyr
06-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Thant type of work is standard for the guys around here on ride ones, actually many don't leave it that neat, uncut rows of grass, just a bloody mess, a slasher would do better, scrubs will be scrubs though, and to say the guy was a pro and not a scrub to leave a LAWN like that is rediculous for those about to jump in and say how do I know a scrub did this...

A paddock is one thing, a lawn is another, that mulch could be worked in without leaving it like that/

The other thing is, being a govn. school they just wanted cheap, the contractor gave them cheap, though he should of done better, hey, he was probably trying to educate the school cheap is nasty here is proof, next time pay more and it will be nice....

Either way, that looks bad, but like I said the goons around here do a lot worse!

PMLAWN
06-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Next time you use a picture of my work, Please ask

wriken
06-27-2004, 12:10 AM
The gov of michigan has all the cutbacks going on, so I would guess the school has to save any way it can. Up where I'm at, looks like the parents will be transporting the kids to school this coming year. Maybe I can save the school up here by doing the lawn care, never know.

tiedeman
06-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by PMLAWN
Next time you use a picture of my work, Please ask

LMAO

BareFootLawn
06-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Forget the piles of grass.
Look at the dull blades!!

JBird
06-27-2004, 01:10 AM
I cut soccer fields on school property, when the season starts up again I'll take pictures for you all. There's my nice neat field and then theres the school janitors famous poster for a train wreck all around it. I'm so proud when I leave there. All the parents know I only cut the fields but I should take my signs off when I'm there because I don't want the drivers by to think I do the whole thing.

TROTTMAN
06-27-2004, 01:59 AM
Hahaha, that doesn't look so bad. I live in TX and see that all the time. There is too much bahia grass here. It won't cut and it won't mulch (okay it will, but its not fun).

GrassBustersLawn
06-27-2004, 02:15 AM
Around Indy a lot of the schools are mowed by their own employees. A township might have 2 High Schools and 3 or 4 each of middle schools and elementary schools. The township will hire their own employees to go around and mow all the schools. One particular township system where I live has 4 guys driving 72" Grass Hoppers and 4 guys trimming. Well usually 1 guy is on his cell phone, 1 guy is at the cooler, 2 guys are trying to get a mower unstuck from a ditch.... So with PRODUCTIVITY like that it is VERY COMMON to see the yards looking just like the pictures you posted. BUt the school system doesn't care that it LOOKS LIKE CRAP, as long as the FOOTBALL FIELDS LOOK GOOD!

Another classic example of "you get what you pay for". I am positive that a LCO could come in and do it for much less then they are paying for the employees, but I don't see the school system turning loose of the reins.

Mike

ProMo
06-27-2004, 10:57 AM
I do a soccer field in the summer the 1st cut is always over a foot of grass and I leave it like that for a day or two until it dries up then come back and remow it

turftammer
06-27-2004, 01:34 PM
I like people that mow like that,I got a new account last month because the previous lco kept leaving lumps in the yard and my quote was $20 more and after the first time homeowner was tickled pink and no gripes about price then got 2 more in neighborhood from the same lco and I'm not out there to take his work but if you want to keep your accounts give a little extra effort