PDA

View Full Version : Impressed with my new JD737

QualityLawnCare4u
06-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Well I bit the bullit yesterday after spending 4 months of trying to find a good used ztr with a 60" deck and allI have seen is junk! I have had real good luck with my 717 but as I have posted here dealers have been poor (or so I thought) Heres my experience this week.
1) toro dealer: was having a cussing match with another big lco when I walked in door, I turned around and left, I knew better than going by there in the first place.
2) ferris dealer: Walked in and asked owner for a demo on a 1000 with 61" deck, acted like he hated to wait on me, mower shut off with me and he hollered what did you do to it, I told him it was out of gas and he wanted to argue with me >>>> mower was out of gas and I walked off and left this a$$ standing there.
Anyway I ended up going to JD dealer 40 miles away and buying a 737 with 23 kaw and 60" deck. This thing cuts bahai grass GREAT!! Not one stalk left standing. quality of cut was excellent and the 60" deck made my 48" seem slow in comparison. My 717 has a mulching kit but Im not putting one on the 737, thinking about the accelerator and when not using it will wind throw the grass. My 717 may get retired/sold soon if I see this 60" will fit in all my small yards, Cant wait to try it next thurs, on my big appartment complex with the super tall bahai grass. Has been taking me 2 hours on my 717 but the mulcher really slowed it down. How did I mow grass for 3 years without a ztr, why didnt I get one of these sooner LOL

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

locutus
06-26-2004, 10:44 PM
H.P. if you think your mower was slowing you down, why dont in invest in some larger cc trimmers. The ones you have listed are toys compared to a 25cc or larger trimmer. This change could save you lots of time as well.

I'm glad you found the type of mower you wanted. I've seen and experienced dealers like this before. Short-sighted idiots! I've been on dealers lots looking at mowers with literally thousands of dollars in my wallet only to have them ignore me.

energy
06-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Sounds like you live in the woods. Why dont get something new that is not John Deere? Try something new and you might break away from your atmospheric surroundings, know what i mean, vern?

QualityLawnCare4u
06-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Locutus, when I wear these trimmers out they will ne relaced with something much better, when I bought these the echo dealer was going out of business and had everything marked down 50% to 75% and it was the best I could do. Energy I DO live in the woods and you have to work with what you have, The closest exmark dealer is 70 miles away and was way out of my price range, we also have a DC dealer but Idid not like the DC. We dont have much to work with.
Danny

txlawnking
06-26-2004, 11:30 PM
I wouldn't worry man, I bet the new Deere will butter your bread just fine.

TROTTMAN
06-27-2004, 12:27 AM
John Deere is just as good as eXmark and Ferris and Toro etc. And thats coming from someone who would buy an eXmark before a John Deere.

Good buy, anything that cuts bahia in one pass is worth its weight in gold!!! (My brand new 48" Husqvarna will cut tall bahia, but it always takes one pass one way, and then one the other).

QualityLawnCare4u
06-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Trotman, my yard has not been mowed in 3 weeks (going to fire my wife) and the bahai was arse high, the 737 cut it in one pass without one stalk left standing, tried it on 2.75 and 3.5 with same results. BTW do you like you husky? We have a dealer here who is super nice (the only one) but every lco I talked to said they were not happy with their machines but the service was great when they needed it which was often.I did not consider one for this reason. Also talked to one lco and his biggest complaint was it did not cut bahai grass good even with new sharp blades and deck set low.

Danny