PDA

View Full Version : stihl fs-80 vs shind-t260

snapper
06-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Well i tried out both today and i definately like the shindaiwa better. The shaft feels a little longer, the throttle response and trigger feel is just better and the shind just starts better. The stihl is powerful, sounds like it could stand the line a little longer, the trigger is hard to keep a constant speed, and it blows hot air out of the spark plug cut out right onto your arm. So i must say i like the shindy better and proably wouldnt buy a fs 80 new. So what is your alls opinion on these two?? Which do you all prefer??

Later guys!! snapper

AdvancedLawn
06-27-2004, 01:02 AM
I buy everything Stihl for that part of the business that is. I just stick to what has worked and not given me any problems in the past.

txlawnking
06-27-2004, 01:19 AM
I'd say kawasaki, but you didn't demo one! But I do like shin better than stihl.. but stihls are ok

WoodBrothersLC
06-27-2004, 01:33 AM
Today we started working for our cousin's friend who owns a lawn business. We are mowing with him on days that we finish early on our yards, or don't have any of ours to mow. We use his equipment and he runs the Shindaiwa t260, and it has to be one of the lightest, easy to run, great cutting, and smoothest machines that we've been around. We love our Stihl equipment to death, but these were very impressive. I'd give these machines a try. And our FS80 ran us $290 while he got his t260 for $260.

TROTTMAN
06-27-2004, 01:52 AM
Shindiawa is usually considered by most to be a superior product, so theres no surprize to me.