PDA

View Full Version : how to do it

Z lawn care
06-27-2004, 11:29 PM
I have been cutting grass for 12 years but never done lawn fertilizing or spraying with liquids. I was wandering what type of equipment i need, what lisences and cost of those, and other info to get started... any help would great?

LwnmwrMan22
06-28-2004, 12:04 AM
While you're out mowing, look around, you'll see guys applying, what equipment they've got. Either that or find out a Lesco center in your area, they'll set you up REAL nice :D

Just remember they have financing there :)

specialtylc
06-28-2004, 12:06 AM
You need to contact your state Dept. of Agriculture.

KY GRASSLANDS
07-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Z lawn care
I have been cutting grass for 12 years but never done lawn fertilizing or spraying with liquids. I was wandering what type of equipment i need, what licenses and cost of those, and other info to get started... any help would great? http:// www.ca.uky.edu/agc/pubs/pat/pat2/pat2.htm This will point you in the right direction. Lesco in Middletown could help you with equipment. Also shop around you can find some good deals in the bargain -mart too. But If i were you i would first get certified. And work with someone that has been in the business for awhile and learn from them. You just cant go out and buy equipment and take off spraying someones lawn with out knowing any basics. Not saying you don't but you can get in alot of trouble if you don't. OK taking the test will cost you $25 or $50 don't remember which, study packet free. then you have to have your company register thru Kentucky dept of agriculture,equipment register, insurance,and you have to have a certain amount of credits you have to keep up with or you lose your license and have to re take the test and all of that. So basically what I'm saying is if you want to get in the lawn treatment side of the business its a whole new ball game.Hopes this helps or if you need anymore advise just e-mail me .Glad to see im not the only one from louisville on here.