PDA

View Full Version : My Brother the Photographer

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 08:49 AM
My brother resently has ventured into the photo business and took some pictures of me working for use on a futures web site. Thought I'd share. Sorry for the ugly model and the swamped yard.

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 08:51 AM

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 08:52 AM

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 08:53 AM

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 08:56 AM

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 09:05 AM

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 09:08 AM

ALarsh
06-29-2004, 10:07 AM
Nice pics.

Do you know what camera he got?

LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2
06-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by blankenshiplawncare

PICTURE #: 4- THE EDGER

This would be a great picture for a print ad, collage fashion listing the services you offer.

LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2
06-29-2004, 11:39 AM

PICTURE #: 5 - THE SHOT OF THE HANGING PLANTER W/ YOU IN B/G

Very eye catching picture, another that could be worked into a nice ad.

LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2
06-29-2004, 11:43 AM
My brother resently has ventured into the photo business and took some pictures of me working for use on a futures web site. Thought I'd share. Sorry for the ugly model and the swamped yard.

PICTURE #: 1 - This would be another good pic for an adevert if you do a bit of photoshopping to eliminate the muddy/swampy bit.

LIBERTY LAWNCARE 2
06-29-2004, 11:45 AM
What kind of camera is your brother using? I am camera shopping again & I'm looking for a really good camera.

I'd love his opinion.

(BTW - I work for an advertising agency & do a TON of graphic art work & print ads so I take alot of pictures for use in ads.)

twins_lawn_care
06-29-2004, 12:49 PM
very nice pictures, they are crisp and clear.
Just an observation though, in some pictures you have hearing protection/eye protection/ and work boots, and in others gym shoes and nothing else. I'd suggest keeping an eye out for ones you choose to use in an ad, as some of these may not look as professional.

The pictures do come out nicely though.

Pictures I am finding to appear good, and maybe you can set up one with your brother, is go to one of your lawns, and mow about half the yard nice and clean, then take a picture of you in the process, and it captures that before/after feel to the shot, showing how your service improves the person's lawn.

Just some opinions!
Thanks for sharing, look forward to seeing one of your ad's using these

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 01:32 PM
He is using a Canon Digital Rebel with a 300mm image stabilizing EF lens. Thanks for the responses.

blankenshiplawncare
06-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Twins.. Great observation. I had drenched my work boots the day prior. I did the same to my tennis shoes on that yard. That was a swamp. I came very close to sinking my 36"WB in the back yard. It butts up to a lagoon. Thanks for the comments.

Remsen1
06-29-2004, 05:44 PM
I think those are some nicely taken photos of you. For advertising though, it would be better to get a broader perspective of the work that you do. What I am saying is similar to what Twins Suggests. Do about half the lawn, then have him shoot the photo from a distance and a wider angle to show the beauty of what you're doing. It will also take the focus from your person, anybody who doesn't know you personally wouldn't be interested in seeing you close-up vs. the work that you do. Also if it is for advertising you should do more to make sure the photo is perfect (taken in the right light, on the right property, wearing the right clothes, etc, you may even want to just pretend to be doing actual work cause it will make you look more relaxed). Just my thoughts. Good luck :)

Liberty Lawncare
06-30-2004, 10:50 PM
I have to agree with Twins show the safety gear looks more like a pro. I assume the sneakers were only because you were not actualy working only for the pics.