PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning out PG

LwnmwrMan22
06-29-2004, 03:24 PM
Just wondering what each of you use to clean out your system.

I ran into a slight problem the other night, had to make an emergency 1000 mile round trip and had a nice 1/2 tank of mix still in.

Normally I'd just run the mix out on my own yard here and there, (nice nice growth patterns :D) then wash it out.

My biggest problem with the other night, it had 2 gallons of Chelated - Iron in it.

Any thoughts ????

James Cormier
06-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Keep all those 2.5 gallon jugs, I am always filling them with left over juice, or switching during the day. I also carry some 5 gallon buckets just for quick cleaning.

TSM
06-29-2004, 03:48 PM
yep, like Jim we just pump into an empty jug.

what bothers me is whats in the hopper. cant just pick the thing up and pour it into an empty bag like a push spreader. you'd think they would come up with a solution, maybe a hinge or something that is attached to the hopper? or a 'chute door' at the bottom of the hopper....something?

James Cormier
06-29-2004, 03:51 PM
I got plenty of empty Dunkin Donuts cups in the back they work good as a scoop. OR relief, if you know what I mean.

LwnmwrMan22
06-29-2004, 03:59 PM
C'mon guys, I know how to get the juice out, sheesh. :o What I'm wondering, since my nozzles are gunked up now, you got anything that's worked better than something else to dip them in?

Or just some more water?

James Cormier
06-29-2004, 04:03 PM
oh...sorry 22, well I take my tips off and then disconnect the hoses at the pump and run compressed air through the system. This gets everything out. Just remember to remove the cap off the tank, Boy that thing can expand....

I do clean those little screens at least once a week ( at the tips ). Also when Im doing a lawn if I see a hose out I will stop and rinse off the tips of fert.

TSM
06-29-2004, 04:03 PM
oopps, sorry Man22

you know we use WD-40 with the long tube spout (you know what I mean, right?) stick that thing in the nozzle and give it a squirt...blows out anything in there

Talked to a guy last winter, he uses those compressed air bottles that you use to blow the junk off your keyboard

LwnmwrMan22
06-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Great... thanks guys :waving: