PDA

View Full Version : Barricade in Perma Green?

ArchiesLawns
06-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Did anyone with a Perma Green spray their preemergent (Barricade in particular)? I was wondering what type of results you have gotten as far as crabgrass control?

I got my Perma Green half way thru first sevice and I have noticed some break thru with crabgrass. I was wondering what kind of control everyone else has gotten with there pre m?

We have bermuda down here and we have been using Barricade.

Archie

MrBarefoot
06-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Are you asking about sprayable pre-em only, or granular also?

If you are asking about granules, I used Dimension, and so far I have not seen any crab in my lawns. There is some in the driveways and sidewalks.

I am pleased so far with the control I am getting.

ArchiesLawns
06-29-2004, 10:34 PM
I am talking about the sprayable pre-em. I have never had any luck using the granular pre-em in our bermuda lawns. So, we have always used a sprayable. My concern is the Perma Green putting the pre-em out correctly or with enough water.

Thanks for any input!

Archie

James Cormier
06-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Archie, I dont know southern tuf, but I do think the pg will not give you enough water as a carrier for your pre m apps, It works great as a post control.

I do a granular fert & dimension or fert & barricaide rd 1, then I sell a 2nd app of crab during rd 2, ( just when crab is pokin it head up ) I use dimensionEC or acclaim and mix this with my weed control and spray it.

Some lawns only get sprayed on edges and sunny areas. this seem to work great, and customers love it

TSM
06-30-2004, 02:14 PM
yeah, i got to think that the low water volume would not get the product down to soil. so i could see how you might have problems with crabgrass.

maybe if could get all your customers to water heavily following your application....but that aint likely!

might want to reconsider a granular product or as James does, do a post-crabgrass control with the PG

vegomatic40
07-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Yet another example to flame the ride-on/skid sprayer debate. The inability to properly apply certain critical products. If you are restricted to using the PG I would suggest the granular products as suggested above. Check your rates,speed etc. carefully to be as accurate as possible and the Barricade will work great in any form available.