PDA

View Full Version : Pricing weed control/fertilizing

aperfectlawn
06-30-2004, 01:05 AM
How do you price for weed control/fertilizer. Do you charge by the square foot? What dollar amount do you go by. (Ex: $5 every 50 sq. feet?) I am clueless on how to price and the going rate of applications.

Premo Services
06-30-2004, 07:10 AM
Most of the time it is priced by 1000 sq/sf, because that is how most of the chemicals are applied. You need to know your costs involved and how much you are appling to come up with a price for the application.

MrBarefoot
06-30-2004, 07:25 AM
For our basic "weed and feed" program, we charge $27.00 for up to 5,000 1k/ft^2, and then $2.55 every 1k/ft^2 above that.

But you may be able to charge more. I operate in an area where there are probably over 100 companies offering the same services I do, and the climate is very competitive. Additionally we probably have an equal number of under the table lawn mowing crews that apply the weed and feed without a license.

You need to first determine your price per 1000/ft^2 and then try to quantify your costs in delivering the service to each customer. That will be the foundation of your price structure.

Eastview Lawncare
07-01-2004, 10:17 PM
The best way to understand the pricing end is to start by figuring out that you need a license. Get the spray license first then price insurance , then the equipment to put it out , then the product cost & labor ......& on & on
dont just double the cost of materials & charge hourly to do the job